Budget hotels listed below: anyone have more info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smokey braden:
sorry ma'am,
your original post only listed places to stay.
i'm not that familiar with roatan to recognize the hotels you listed.
i apologize.
it will never happen again

We'll see about that. :spaninq:

"My affiliation with CCV?"

Show me the canceled checks. I talk about what I enjoy.

I will yack endlessly about Nikon, Luminox Watches, KodaChrome Film, Toyota, Titanium anything, Emerson Wave Knives, H&K pistols, duct tape, finding small critters, cableties, generic alkaline batteries, HydroOptix masks, Nekton Cruises and CoCoView.

It aint for everybody.

There are alternatives: Yaschica, Timex, FujiFilm, Yugo Cars, Craftsman tools, Smith and Wesson, band aids, shark dives, string, 80 cent Energizer AA's, TUSA masks, Rollover Pete's Dive Charters, and anything other than world class AI's.

I (nor any other self admitted "CoCoNut") did not begin this thread, you did. You began it by ending your querry with a very negative trolling statement.

Your wish should be fulfilled.

Now, if you truly want to know about Roatan and Diving, I would suggest you look at the 'search' features here or at Google Groups. What you want to know has been beaten to death. Not that I wouldn't gladly restate it or engage in a conversation with a genuinely interested "new member with three posts", but I think you have an agenda.

Stop by the usenet group rec.scuba if you want to play with the big kids.

I like CCV, it is not for everyone, certainly not for you, nor would I recommend you to it. I would, however, suggest several other options as I like, know, and enjoy spreading the gospel of Roatan.

Trinity Caves is/was no big deal.

While you stay on Roatan, you will have the opportunity to look at all of the West end type dive ops. They change in character due to staff transition and equipment issues so often that what is so one week may well change by the next. There is no need to pre-book, take a look around and pick what you like.

The only day dive op that should be pre-booked (at least by a day or two) is the SubWayWatersports at French Harbour Yacht Club- they serve the exciting South side sites, including Calvins Crack as well as the Sea Mounts. This is an excellent example of how a day dive op should be run. None of this bailing the boats with a sponge and bucket by a glassy eyed kid with a tie-dyed shirt.

If you're looking for "feeling comfortable in a middle class environment", you aint gonna find it here, but after a fun filled career in Chile, you must have had a sense of humor at some point.

Roatan is easy breezy, Utila, by comparison is absolutely so laid back its comatose. They're all a delight- if you are so inclined. If not- they suck big time.

Not for everybody. :eyebrow:

RoatanMan:
We'll see about that. :spaninq:

I will yack endlessly about Nikon, Luminox Watches, KodaChrome Film, Toyota, Titanium anything, Emerson Wave Knives, H&K pistols, duct tape, finding small critters, cableties, generic alkaline batteries, HydroOptix masks, Nekton Cruises and CoCoView.

It aint for everybody.

There are alternatives: Yaschica, Timex, FujiFilm, Yugo Cars, Craftsman tools, Smith and Wesson, band aids, shark dives, string, 80 cent Energizer AA's, TUSA masks, Rollover Pete's Dive Charters, and anything other than world class AI's.

I (nor any other self admitted "CoCoNut") did not begin this thread, you did. You began it by ending your querry with a very negative trolling statement.

Now, if you truly want to know about Roatan and Diving, I would suggest you look at the 'search' features here or at Google Groups. What you want to know has been beaten to death. Not that I wouldn't gladly restate it or engage in a conversation with a genuinely interested "new member with three posts", but I think you have an agenda.

I like CCV, it is not for everyone, certainly not for you, nor would I recommend you to it. I would, however, suggest several other options as I like, know, and enjoy spreading the gospel of Roatan.

While you stay on Roatan, you will have the opportunity to look at all of the West end type dive ops. They change in character due to staff transition and equipment issues so often that what is so one week may well change by the next. There is no need to pre-book, take a look around and pick what you like.

The only day dive op that should be pre-booked (at least by a day or two) is the SubWayWatersports at French Harbour Yacht Club- they serve the exciting South side sites, including Calvins Crack as well as the Sea Mounts. This is an excellent example of how a day dive op should be run. None of this bailing the boats with a sponge and bucket by a glassy eyed kid with a tie-dyed shirt.

If you're looking for "feeling comfortable in a middle class environment", you aint gonna find it here, but after a fun filled career in Chile, you must have had a sense of humor at some point.

Roatan is easy breezy, Utila, by comparison is absolutely so laid back its comatose. They're all a delight- if you are so inclined. If not- they suck big time.

Not for everybody. :eyebrow:

:rofl:

It aint for everybody.

Stop by the usenet group rec.scuba if you want to play with the big kids.

None of this bailing the boats with a sponge and bucket by a glassy eyed kid with a tie-dyed shirt.

----------------

My my my SUCH hostility for such a benign comment. As a Doc, you should know that a daily dose of lithium would take care of that. I refuse to get down in the mud with you because I would just get dirty and you would like it.

smokey braden:
sorry ma'am,
your original post only listed places to stay.
i'm not that familiar with roatan to recognize the hotels you listed.
i apologize.
it will never happen again

you're right. somewhere in there i thought this was a roatan thread. my bad. my apologies. i won't do it again.
:06:

Okay- I just couldn't stand to stay out of it anymore :crafty: I'm here to say that while CCV has a lot of fans, it is not the only way to enjoy Roatan! :11: My husband and I go to Roatan at least twice a year and neither of us enjoy resort/all-inclusive stays- we have tried it, and while it works well for some people, we prefer to explore the beauty of this island and it's people. There is more to do on Roatan than just dive- and unfortunately, tourism is starting to bring rapid changes to the island. Even driving to the remote East End of the island for a great meal at Paya Bay or a walk on Camp Bay Beach (by far our favorite beach on the island) has changed an amazing amount. The dirt road is now kept fairly smooth and graded often, electricity is now available to much of that area and there is more and more talk of pavement.
West End has many small dive shops, places to stay, and places to eat. Reading your requirements I can say that Sea Grape meets all your needs. The family that runs it will go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and the cabins are clean and peaceful- it's very relaxing to sit on the hammock and watch the water. Casa Calico looks very nice and I've heard very good things about Pura Vida and Posado Arco Iris. A good place to look is roatanet.com for more information. There are lots of good places to eat, in all different price ranges- most of them in West End. I've posted about this before, but feel free to PM me any particular questions. There are also many dive operations in West End. Native Sons is who we like to dive with, but look at websites or try several. Most are very accomadating. You can also dive at CCV or FI for the day if you want to see what your "missing". It just takes a little more setting up before you go.
Don't let the loyal CCV fans scare you from the rest of the island- they mean well and have a serious love affair with their resort- that's great for them, and if you want to go somewhere just to dive and don't really want to venture beyond the resort boundries, CCV is on the short list of places to visit on Roatan. If that doesn't sound like your idea of heaven, then enjoy exploring Roatan!

Gourmetdiver,

Don't go to Utila, you're carrying too much baggage for the small planes that go there.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom