Budget accomodations in PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Live_in_Sin:
you need a good guide and boat man, and right timing. and Nitorx provided that you have a good control of buoyancy.
then you can have a great super drift diving from Kilima to Canyon.last time we did, took us only 5 minutes from Kilima to Canyons and we stayed (hanging) bottom of the Canyon and watched tons of fish for about 20 minutes. if you miss the signal to get down to the bottom of Canyon..... you will be "Bye Bye!, see you at Verde!!!"

Been to kilima drift to shark caves to hole in the wall before.. Didn't know there was another route going to canyons. Are there any other nice recommended drift sites in PG?

Guys, thank you for your cheapo alternatives!!! now I can treat myself two meals in captain gregs and a couple of beers compliments of you... hehe :dork2:

Yes AC rooms start at 1000p, 1100p at Big Apple

I tried fan room at Angelyns and it was horrible-no toilet seat, elec plugs missing and hanging from wall etc. It is not what they do, they have good AC rooms starting at 1250p.

Fan rooms are not what BA does either but they have a couple that are nice. much better than what I found at Angelyns.

Enjoy-Capt Greggs is a great spot for BBQ dinner as you already know!

rexman24:
Yes AC rooms start at 1000p, 1100p at Big Apple

I tried fan room at Angelyns and it was horrible-no toilet seat, elec plugs missing and hanging from wall etc. It is not what they do, they have good AC rooms starting at 1250p.

Fan rooms are not what BA does either but they have a couple that are nice. much better than what I found at Angelyns.

Enjoy-Capt Greggs is a great spot for BBQ dinner as you already know!
really? haven't been to angelyn's in 8 years... they've deteriorated drastically since then...

must be because they're not a hit because other places offer the same thing AND come with a dive op...

Jag

You might want to try Deep Blue Sea Inn if you want budget accommodations. Their rooms are spartan but it'll do since you're there to go diving anyway.

reaver:
You might want to try Deep Blue Sea Inn if you want budget accommodations. Their rooms are spartan but it'll do since you're there to go diving anyway.
i suggest you request for a room on their 1st floor. their stairs are pretty steep...

stay cheep, so you have more mony for diving.
sunsplash at small lalaguna is around 800 to 1000 pesos. so is steps and garden. beautyful view from the top bungalows but a few steps to go.

big apple should be the place. their fan cottages only cost Php500/night.

:) but pick the ones not near the bar, unless u dont mind sounds of shrieking girls at 3am. :)

Is Sabang Beach safe and okay for solo female traveller?
Do you have to expect the crowds in November (weekdays)?
Actually, the rates at Big Apple for fan room (single) in the low-season are 650PHP according to their homepage. Or did you quote the Filipino rate?
Yours,
Liberty

Agree with you guys on staying cheap. haha keep em rolling for other cheapo travellers...

Swisstrav>
PG can be friendly to solo divers compared to Anilao.
In Anilao you need to rent a boat (w boatmen), render services of a DM, and rent tanks so it comes out cheaper with a group, but extremely expensive for solo.. In PG just pay the $20-25 per dive and your set to go (even when your solo)..

With regards to safety I assume its very safe since a lot of foreigners frequent PG..

icosm14.gif
but pick the ones not near the bar, unless u dont mind sounds of shrieking girls at 3am.> haha!!! its all a days work for these girls...

I just did the Canyons on Sept. 4th and 5th, we were using EANx and were able to stay down a bit longer, both days were 'great'! both fish and visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom