Budget accommodation for popular diving spots in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cabilao was the first place I had a chance to dive in the Philippines as well as the most expensive (comparitively) at 1300p per dive (I managed to keep my non diving budget under my $40 a day with food and accomadation). I stayed and dived with Polaris Resort and had a great stay, but being younger (27) I felt very isolated from the rest of the clientele, but none the less I had a very relaxed stay and I enjoyed the food very much. To be perfectly honest with you I would rate Cabilao at the bottom of my list out of the places I have visited so far as far as the diving is concerned (Alona, Balicasag, Apo Island, Moalboal) . Don't get me wrong, the diving was great and I saw lots of cool marine life, the Harlequin Ghost Pipeish and 2 species of Pygmy Seahorses being a big higlight. But I thought the divemasters were the least interested in my expirience and again I felt out of place being the youngest customer at the resort. The island is also dead quiet and outside of the resorts there is NOTHING to do. If you are on a budget I would reccomend going elsewhere.

Please feel free to ask me any more questions about any of the places I've been so far and I'll be happy to share some insight!

I'll definitely be checking CebuDiveCenter out while I'm in Moalboal and staying at the Backpacker Lodge. Thanks for posting & letting me know about the package deals.

Thanks Chaz sounds like I'll skip Cabilao. I'm about the same age as you so I know what you mean.

I don't really have any specific questions for you, but are there any dives you did that were really standouts or ones you weren't really that impressed with??

Also, have you been doing many non-diving activities or going to places that don't revolve around diving? If so, anything you would recommend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom