Buddy needed for Key Largo, May 26-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know it's a late notice but I decided to try SB to find a buddy as opposed to my normal method of just showing up and hoping for the best. I thought there was a buddy finder forum on SB, but I couldn't find it.

I will be diving with Ocean Divers out of Key Largo on the morning dives on Memorial Day weekend (this weekend). If anyone is up for a two dives each morning, I'd love to dive with you! You can check my profile for all my info, or send me a PM here. I don't know how many spots are left on either trip so if you are interested, please give them a call (800-451-1113 or 305-451-1113) to check. The Saturday morning dive is supposed to be deep (wrecks), and Sunday is shallow (reefs).

I know it's a late notice but I decided to try SB to find a buddy as opposed to my normal method of just showing up and hoping for the best. I thought there was a buddy finder forum on SB, but I couldn't find it.

I will be diving with Ocean Divers out of Key Largo on the morning dives on Memorial Day weekend (this weekend).

There will be plenty of folks diving this weekend, so I would not worry about getting a buddy. OD will most likely have nearly full boats.
Probably Spiegel Grove or Duane on Sat, depending on conditions.

It's been really nice here the last few days, here is the place a lot of us use for conditions on the reef:
NDBC - Station MLRF1

I've never had a problem being assigned a buddy, I was just hoping to meet someone on SB who might turn out to be a compatible diver.

You have a right idea, methinks. I often dive with Ocean divers, but not these two days.
It's a bit of gamble as to who will be the "insta-buddy" and how good the dive will turn out because of that. Sometimes they are great, other times - not so much.

Hey NJMike...well if you get a chance to stop by and say hi to a fellow SB member...I'll be in the shop all day.

Good Diving,

Capt Gary, I've been in your dive shop before. Don't think that we met, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom