Buddy in town: WilliCrash 5/4/04-5/1x/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK - so I'm not the only one who was confused. But I spoke to Mike and it's May that the trip is planned. I'll be there!

Marc

Wow, sounds like Mike was not kidding when he said he had lots of dive buddies! I look forward to meeting all of you, and diving the SG. I am so psyched right now I can barely type!

Matt

Where are we?
Were over the North Sea...
Could you be a bit more specific?
Dont worry.... just follow the lead ship...
Uhh Sir....we are the lead ship....
Oh? Well then where the hell are we?

(sounds of navigator trying to hang himself in sextant straps)

Padipro:
Hay Mike,

They also do a late morning departure, 11:30 AM if I remember right, so you don't have to be there at the crack of dawn to make the boat. I liked the fact that they did two dives on the wreck, I don't care to see the reefs in the Keys as they look exactly the same to me as the ones up here, and that they departed later in the morning. I left about 9:30 AM and made it there in plenty of time.

This sounds like the perfect plan to me! Who else votes for this???? Mike, can we really get Jeremy so I can possibly get Nitox certified too?

Ok I stopped by to see my instructor at Divers Den (plug) :wink: and he should know by tomorrow what operator will be available for the class for 4/10 and 4/11. He has had trouble scheduling it due to the time of year. I know he is planning 3 (with one being the night dive) Sat and 2 Sun. I'll talk to him tomorrow to see how it's going and if there are any spots available on the boat.

Juan

Of course I screwed up the dates... those above are correct.

Jeremy is all set to do a gang-certification for nitrox (and advanced if anybody needs it) while Matt is here. You have to buy the kit (book/tables), but he can work out a loaner for the video. Maybe you can all do that together. You have to watch the video, read the book, take the test and he'll take you on two dives - right now we're probably looking at one shore and the other boat. This is a real certification, of course - not just a pass. We'll be doing the Spiegel Grove for the 2nd nitrox dive whatever that weekend is... more on that later.

Jeremy, our resident instructor, needs more than pizza bones but you won't get a better deal anyplace else. The more we have the better the price!

I note that my friend's screen name is "divemonkey" and not "willicrash." His real name is Matt and we haven't seen one antoher for - what - at least 10 and probably more like 15 years! He has a great wife and does video for Fish & Game in California. He thinks I'm a great guy, so nobody tell him 'nothin.

freedive:
Ok I stopped by to see my instructor at Divers Den (plug) :wink: and he should know by tomorrow what operator will be available for the class for 4/10 and 4/11....
Sorry, it's May not April... I'm dyslexic, what can say I?

MikeJacobs:
Jeremy is all set to do a gang-certification for nitrox (and advanced if anybody needs it) while Matt is here. You have to buy the kit (book/tables), but he can work out a loaner for the video. Maybe you can all do that together. You have to watch the video, read the book, take the test and he'll take you on two dives - right now we're probably looking at one shore and the other boat. This is a real certification, of course - not just a pass. We'll be doing the Spiegel Grove for the 2nd nitrox dive whatever that weekend is... more on that later.

Jeremy, our resident instructor, needs more than pizza bones but you won't get a better deal anyplace else. The more we have the better the price!

That's perfect! Give us an update on price/times when you get them. Do you think I could pay him in doggie treats???? :wink:

:06: Vas ist das Oceanfest? :profile:

I am a very flexible dude but I will be flying out that day.

Matt

KBeck:
It looks like I'll (unfortunately) be traveling that week...grr.
However, just wanted to point out that I have on my handy handy calendar that the 14th of May is the weekend of Oceanfest if you guys wanted to squeeze that in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom