Buddy got bent etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some good info here guys......
Thanks for all the input.
The thread seemed to drift a bit but that's ok. Good has come from it.
What Gary said "Everything from swimming 101 up is serious and not a gigglefest popularity contest that way too many people do instead of learning." is SO true.
What I learned from these last few dives just can't be taught. Sure, it can be explained to you, but the experience is key. It wasn't that long ago I was wrestling with trim and neutral buoyancy. Now I'm on to other things but it seems to be flowing together. I think it's true that one is not really comfortable until they get in 50 or 60 dives (I'm getting closer). By then you've made a few dumb mistakes and hopefully learned from them. What I'm finding is that diving in as many different environments as possible is really helpfull. I'm taking skills from each and applying them to all dives. There is so much variation to the sport it's sometimes mind boggling. Tech diving, cave diving, wreck diving, reefs, low vis - no vis, cold, warm, photography etc. etc. etc.
That's why I'm so into it................

Back
Top Bottom