Buddy Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been there twice, would go again. The tiles on the floor can be slippery when wet!

Anybody stay here recently? Any comments? What about the Buddy Dive Shop, anyone use them lately? We are looking to book a trip on Bonaire, my GF got talked into using a travel agency and they are trying to move us that direction. I had conversed with Divrliz and wanted to stay there at the Golden Reef but if we go the travel agency route they don't want to book anything other than Buddy Dive. The website looks really good...
Comments?

If you are MOST interested in the diving, and facilities to support diving, it is hard to beat Buddy's.. boats, tanks, drive-thru, house reef, etc.

Last edited:
To echo what's been said above, I love Buddy's. It really does depend upon your expectations. I was there in September and will be arriving for this year's trip this Sunday. It is definately not a 5 star resort (nor a 4) but if you are comfortable with that and have that expectation when you're heading down there you'll be fine. We also had numerous issues with the appearance of the room (small sauna-like bathroom downstairs, missing screen, less than frigid AC in the bedrooms etc). Since last year was my first trip to Buddy's and I didn't know what to expect I was a little put off at first but by day two the little blemishes didn't matter since I was doing 5 dives a day and barely saw the room anyway. :D
This year I think I have the right expectations and can't wait to get down there. I'll give you an updated report then. :D

Last edited:
Don't worry about your laptop...there are safes in each of the rooms.

Hey Sussex...nice picture,,,Oil Slick, right? I loved that site!

We loved Buddy's, you can't beat the convenience and everything about our stay was beyond expectation. By and large it was all about diving and for divers.

I visited Liz and she has a real nice place. If you are looking to be away from diving just a little bit during your surface time, want the personal touch and someplace immaculate then she's certainly in the running. She has partnered with one of the dive ops to provide dive services. If I remember right they even keep a magazine of cylinders stocked at her location.

Pete

Hey Sussex...nice picture,,,Oil Slick, right? I loved that site!

Yep, good eye. :D Definitely my favorite night dive site on the island. Can't wait to hit it Sunday night.

It is a great picture. Oil Slick, Ole Blue and Karpata are my favorite dives on Bonaire. About Buddy Dive, It's great, best set up on the Island for hassle free diving. You won't regret staying at Buddy's. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom