Buddy Dive resort in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Lovely Young Kat & I have stayed there several times. We love it. Staff is great. Reef right in front of the hotel is superb. Restaurant is fine. Ambiance is top-drawer. Drive-through tank exchange is convenient.
We have no negatives to report on Buddy Dive at all.
If you go, tell Murphyn (the world's best DM) that Sasha said "Hi" and we'll see him in March.
Rick

We have stayed at Buddy the last 3 years, June being the latest. I can't say anything but good things about the resort and the staff. The photos on their web site are fairly accurate. Their "Dive and Drive" package is hard to beat. The buffet breakfast is good and the truck that is included is a 4 dr mini pickup that is perfect for the shore diving on Bonaire, ours only had 12k miles on it. The reef in frount of the resort is an easy dive, not the best on the island but still good. We usually drop the boat dives from the package, saving $100 and just do shore dives. There are so many places to shore dive, I would rather shore dive than have to keep a schedule. You can always add the boat dives if you wish after you get there. Here is another board that you may find useful, lots of good people on it as well http://www.BonaireTalk.com/newsgroup/messages/board-topics.html
I would go back to Buddy in a minute and most likely will do so next summer.

The dive and drive package is great and drop the boat dives.

We stayed there last December and it was great. Very relaxing and they leave you alone if you want to be left alone. The rooms are nice and the food is okay. Breakfast was good but I would go elsewhere for lunch/dinner. There are many good places to eat on the island.

The diving off Buddy's is good, espcially the night dives where the resident Tarpen follows your light to hunt.

I would recommend Buddy's in a heartbeat.

Pearce & I have been there 3 times: the last two times we brought family for a total of 4. Next year is already booked for 6 of us.

Can't say more than what has already been said except that the people on the island are friendly, and the diving is excellent.

If you go I recommend bringing a cooler with frozen meat, chicken, cold cuts, etc. because even though there are several supermarkets on the island, things can be somewhat expensive. Plus there isn't always a lot of variety.

Go.. you won't be disappointed!

~SubMariner~

We decided to book a dive trip with our LDS. Since we are newbies and this will be our first ocean dive, we both thought it would be a good idea to go with fellow divers from our area and our dive shop. We will be staying at Captain Don's Habitat in early November. Our package includes (6) 1 tank boat dives and unlimited shore diving. I am sure we will log many dives that week and have a great time.

Our final open water certification dive is this Saturday and this week has been going by sooo sllloooowwwww. November will never get here. ;-0

Capt Don's is just "two doors down" from Buddy Dive, with Lion's Dive in between. The reef out front is wonderful, and "small wall" - one of my favorites - is reachable from Don's. Just take a right at the wall...
Y'all have a great time, and give us a full report when you return.
Rick :)

You can't go wrong with Buddys. easy going with good diving right out front. The wreck in front of Capt Dons is good. and do not miss the shore dives on the north end of the Island. We will be going again in Nov.

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom