Buddy Dive is a class act

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctorfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was originally scheduled to go to Buddy Dive Sept 9-17 and unexpectedly, Air Canada announced last Thursday that they were cancelling my flight to Curacao from Toronto precluding getting to Bonaire. Buddy Dive's written policy is that if a cancellation is <14 days, they will only refund 25% of the package price. When I explained my circumstance, they offered a voucher for 100% which I think is very generous.

Even though I am bummed out about not going diving next week, I am relieved that I did not lose the full cost of the land component as long as I use it within a year.

Air Canada, on the other hand, was slimy. If I hadn't gone on to their website to upgrade seats, I would not of known the flight was cancelled. No notification, no e-mail. When I called their customer service line, they were unable to provide any reason for the flight cancellation. I suspect that the demand for YYZ to Cur was limited and they didn't fill the plane enough to justify the cost.

I was originally scheduled to go to Buddy Dive Sept 9-17 and unexpectedly, Air Canada announced last Thursday that they were cancelling my flight to Curacao from Toronto precluding getting to Bonaire. Buddy Dive's written policy is that if a cancellation is <14 days, they will only refund 25% of the package price. When I explained my circumstance, they offered a voucher for 100% which I think is very generous.

Even though I am bummed out about not going diving next week, I am relieved that I did not lose the full cost of the land component as long as I use it within a year.

Air Canada, on the other hand, was slimy. If I hadn't gone on to their website to upgrade seats, I would not of known the flight was cancelled. No notification, no e-mail. When I called their customer service line, they were unable to provide any reason for the flight cancellation. I suspect that the demand for YYZ to Cur was limited and they didn't fill the plane enough to justify the cost.

That is very terrible from Air Canada. I am glad that Buddy Dive is understanding and gave you the credit. That's very nice of them. Is Air Canada refunding your money now?

Air Canada is refunding but my big issue is lost opportunity costs. I am self employed and have nothing booked for that week.

Back
Top Bottom