Buddies and Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*snicker, snicker*

hey I hope you guys are seriuos:D good night all.

only if you;dnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndpoewo0oe9ruihfbjhukfhguy :D

Mike Veitch:
In a warm tropical location? you could always fly me out there to do it...
Not a problem Mike. I'll keep that idea in mind. Way in the back of my mind...:wink:

OE2X:
So here is the reason why I don't dive with my Aquatica unless a client is throwing huge sums of money at me:
Virtually everyday of the week I eat, sleep and drink photography. It is my business and I put in anywhere between 2 to 20 hours a day every day of the week doing something related to it.

Diving for me is a form of relaxation that I refuse to turn into a profession. Yes I have shot jobs underwater. I have two jobs that will require underwater shots in the next six weeks. With as much diving as I try to do, the last thing I want to do is to make it feel like work. I have done that with other areas of my life, become very accomplished at it and then moved away from doing the activity for fun because it felt... well - like work.

This is exactly why I didn't want to get into UW photography. When I pick up the camera I feel like I'm working. Sometimes I just want to dive. So I don't take the camera on every dive.

And I my new Ike housing with 8" dome port is kind of a PITA. It's like pushing a snow plow. But it's a tool I need so I'm going to have to deal with it just like I had to deal with carrying a 600/4, 300/2.8, 70-200/2.8, three bodies, computer and assorted other bits of kit to cover the Detroit Tigers home opener last Monday. It sucks carrying that much. But you do what you gotta do.

Now, whoever I dive with when I'm shooting is sure to get a CD and 8x10's of them and the dive. That's my thanks for their help and patience.

bladephotog:
This is exactly why I didn't want to get into UW photography. When I pick up the camera I feel like I'm working. Sometimes I just want to dive. So I don't take the camera on every dive.

And I my new Ike housing with 8" dome port is kind of a PITA. It's like pushing a snow plow. But it's a tool I need so I'm going to have to deal with it just like I had to deal with carrying a 600/4, 300/2.8, 70-200/2.8, three bodies, computer and assorted other bits of kit to cover the Detroit Tigers home opener last Monday. It sucks carrying that much. But you do what you gotta do.

Now, whoever I dive with when I'm shooting is sure to get a CD and 8x10's of them and the dive. That's my thanks for their help and patience.
if the 600 is too much for you... just send it over to me.. i want to go to africa for a photo trip...

Gosh, my Ike housing is so neutral...course I haven't slapped the 8" on yet, I hear its bouyant. In general though, I love diving with a camera out in front of me, like a little scooter. And I feel so much more brave around sharks having that WA lense to duck behind...pretend everything is further away, you know?

I want the 8" port! WAAAAA, I am broke.

Back
Top Bottom