Buddha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver0004

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently posted a quote on the Donate to Ukraine thread that was removed and I was informed that I would no longer be able to respond there . I quoted Buddha in ," No one saves us but ourselves ". I consider this quote to be very positive for I interpret the " US " to be all of us not one of us and that was my intent . So in my own way I was trying to add encouragement to what some would say is a hopeless situation .

It is not now , nor has it ever been my intent to prolong the suffering that emerges from war for if mankind cannot end war , war will end mankind . And we hold that truth to be self evident .

Throughout history it has been the in-action of those who could have acted , the indifference of those who should have known better , the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph for evil prospers when good people do nothing .

The Buddha quote is nice, and thank you for starting your own thread where such philosophy can be discussed if you wish.

The Buddha quote is nice, and thank you for starting your own thread where such philosophy can be discussed if you wish.
Thank you for your reply . I am not here to discuss / debate philosophy because we all know how that will end up . What I am here to state is we all contribute in our own way . As I am in no way able to contribute monetarily I try to contribute in my own way with encouragement . Now I get it at the end of the day encouragement is not going to pay your bills or put food on your table . I GET IT . But perhaps just perhaps I can say something that will inspire you to overcome your dilemma or to persevere .

Now I also get it that how arrogant must I be to think that my words would help you more than my actions . Words have power and though you cannot use them as a down payment on your house or pay at the pump history will prove me correct that words have been used to inspire people to over come and rise up against great adversity in their lives . This is my modest proposal .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom