Buckle for small cylinders, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
Cam Straps - Dive Rite Such buckles work fine on 80cuft or 10lt. But I am looking for a buckle which fits 1lt and 2lt cylinders.

When using a common buckle it closes more or less which is not safe. Velcro becomes mandatory to keep the buckle closed. I don't like this at all.

The buckle's curve must have a smaller diameter, fitting to cylinder's diameter.

I hate plastic buckles and I like ss buckles. But here we are talking about light cylinders so a plastic buckle might be OK as well. Nevertheless I prefere ss.

Am I the only one having this problem?

What happens to the paint on your the tank where the stainless buckle pivots

I don't dig much stainless cam buckles everything else should be made stainless except matresses and glass
and tyres

What happens to the paint on your the tank where the stainless buckle pivots
I have a plastic cover between tank and buckle.
Even without plastic cover I prefere some scratches on my tank instead of a broken plastic buckle.

Cam Straps - Dive Rite Such buckles work fine on 80cuft or 10lt. But I am looking for a buckle which fits 1lt and 2lt cylinders.

When using a common buckle it closes more or less which is not safe. Velcro becomes mandatory to keep the buckle closed. I don't like this at all.

The buckle's curve must have a smaller diameter, fitting to cylinder's diameter.

I hate plastic buckles and I like ss buckles. But here we are talking about light cylinders so a plastic buckle might be OK as well. Nevertheless I prefere ss.

Add a length of bicycle inner tube to the cam band and it won't come undone. You might want to remove the velcro. Pushing webbing through inner tube against velcro would test the patience of Jesus.

Add a length of bicycle inner tube to the cam band and it won't come undone. You might want to remove the velcro. Pushing webbing through inner tube against velcro would test the patience of Jesus.
I don't like the bicycle inner tube. I must bring the tube to the right position, push the webbing through inner tube and still the buckle does not close in a serious way. I am really looking for a buckle which closes perfectly on a small cylinder.

Is the buckle on the Highland pony mount the sort of thing you're looking for?
1723373322390.png

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom