Bryan Pennington - Vintage Double Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know what is happening to existing orders that went unfulfilled?
I placed an order about a week before the storm and now I don't know what is going to happen.
On facebook it says the business is closed permanently, and my emails have not been replied to.
Do I just go to my bank and ask for them to reverse the transaction? This is a weird situation to be in.

I placed an order about a week before the storm and now I don't know what is going to happen.
Something similar happened not too long ago with a small manufacturer (sole proprietorship) of high-end audio (stereo) monitors. He died suddenly. Lead time for the speakers was several months, a customer would remit a deposit when the order was placed, and the customer's credit card was charged the balance when the product shipped. I never learned what happened with those customers who had outstanding orders. (I had already received my speakers a bit before the owner's death.)

Although I purchased a couple of items from VDH, I don't recall if the charges appeared on my credit card account at the time I placed the order, or later when the item shipped.

rx7diver

On facebook it says the business is closed permanently, and my emails have not been replied to.
Do I just go to my bank and ask for them to reverse the transaction? This is a weird situation to be in.
I’d suggest to give it some time, your order pales in comparison to what they are going through. You may find once some time has passed you will get some communication regarding your order but now is not the time. It’s a sad situation for all

I’d suggest to give it some time, your order pales in comparison to what they are going through. You may find once some time has passed you will get some communication regarding your order but now is not the time. It’s a sad situation for all
Yeah, totally fair. The last thing I want to do is cause more stress. I really want that Argonaut wing, now more than ever, and I'm fine waiting however long... But I figure it won't be possible now. I dunno what even compares to that wing, they're built so well. Bryan made an outstanding product and I was extremely impressed by it.

Edit: Thank you to everyone here who offered advice.

This is Rob from The Scuba Museum. Bryan was a very dear friend, dive buddy and advisor, I like many of you am shocked and so very saddened by his sudden passing.
VDH was a one man operation and his family is having a difficult time accessing the orders in the store that may or may not have been filled. As a result I have been asked by the family to please have all customers that have unfilled orders to file with their respective PAYPAL and or credit card companies to reverse the charges and obtain the refunds they are due. This is the only surefire way to insure your monies will get refunded.
Thanks for understanding.

Rob

This is Rob from The Scuba Museum. Bryan was a very dear friend, dive buddy and advisor, I like many of you am shocked and so very saddened by his sudden passing.
VDH was a one man operation and his family is having a difficult time accessing the orders in the store that may or may not have been filled. As a result I have been asked by the family to please have all customers that have unfilled orders to file with their respective PAYPAL and or credit card companies to reverse the charges and obtain the refunds they are due. This is the only surefire way to insure your monies will get refunded.
Thanks for understanding.

Rob
Glad to hear the family is handling this aspect as professionally as they can at this very difficult time.

Man, this is just tragic.

I didn't know Bryan nor do business with him but was certainly aware of him because of the loyal following here.

I hope Bryan's passing serves as a reminder to us all how precious life and good health are while we have them.

I offer my sincere condolences to Bryan's family, loved ones and friends.

Very saddened to hear of the loss. I wish I had met him. The knowledge he shared on his videos was amazing to me.

Back
Top Bottom