Bryan Pennington - Vintage Double Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. For those who haven't heard, Bryan passed away yesterday after a brief hospital stay. I have no other information at present. We worked together on several Sea Hunt Forever shows and he was one of the good ones. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
    For those who haven't heard, Bryan passed away yesterday after a brief hospital stay. I have no other information at present. We worked together on several Sea Hunt Forever shows and he was one of the good ones. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Really Sad news 😢😢😢

So very sad to hear of Bryans passing. He got me into doing my own service and was a fantastic resource for all things scuba, not just double hose. The diving world is a lesser place without him.

Very sad news. I bought a few things from him. He was a gentleman and such a nice person. This will leave a giant void in the community.

Does anyone know how? I mean, was it dive related, health related?

I'll echo what everyone said.. Brian was great.. only had a few dealings with him, but his wings are by far my favorite.

I'm sorry for the families and the communities loss.

It was health related. I do not know any details, but he went to the hospital. It happened quick, as far as I know.

It is still a shock.

I won't intrude on the family’s privacy by getting into specifics, but I've received a surprising number of calls, emails and texts asking what happened so I'll just say it was a serious complication from an otherwise not usually serious condition. I know that is kind of cryptic and I certainly don't mean to encourage speculation but it needs to suffice as we all mourn the loss of Bryan who touched our lives in many ways, big and small.

It was complications from diverticulitis, he became septic and the antibiotics were ineffective. It was his second time in the hospital in the past several months.

It was Brian’s YouTube videos on rebuilding 109‘s that start my passion for vintage equipment.

Condolences to his family and friends, he will certainly will be missed.

I got out of the twin hose vintage stuff some years ago when my Royal Aqua Master almost killed me at 110’ off Boca Raton.
[HIJACK]
@Tom Winters, is there a write-up about this Boca Raton incident on SB, somewhere? I searched, but no joy.
[/HIJACK]

Back
Top Bottom