brunswick GA dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

truckerdraven

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I may be coming to Brunswick GA in march or april to visit some friends and am curious as if there are any good dive sites in that area? the reason I ask is the only Padi dive shop is about 45min south of there.

There is (or at least was) as shop called Island Dive Center located at the marina on Torras Causeway between Brunswick and St. Simons. I tried to dive with them last summer but we were blown out. If I recall correctly we were going to dive an old Liberty ship but I cannot remember its name. I don't know what kind of diving you are used to, but off Brunswick I would anticipate long boat rides and so-so visibility. Hope that helps.

Check with these guys but afaik all the diving is pretty far offshore. Pretty typical for that area - it's the same in South Carolina. South Georgia Dive Charters | Dive Southeast Georgia and Northeast Florida

We used to go to Jekyll Island nearby (not to dive) and in that area and farther north, it's pretty flat, sandy and featureless just offshore. The wrecks attract the fish life.

Back
Top Bottom