Bruises in same spot after diving????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Voltaire

Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed recently that after I dive, I have at least one and sometimes two bruises on my left bicep. The bruises are circular and are about the size of a dime or nickel. Am I bruising myself diving via contact with something and just not noticing it at the time of contact; or, am I for whatever reason bursting blood vessels on my bicep due to the water pressure or something else? Has anyone ever had this experience or heard about it? Thanks.

I'm not a medical professional but I do know that I get bruises from diving very frequently. On my legs from climbing ladders. My arms from lifting gear. Near my shoulders from the Dive Rite webbing. You name it, I've gotten a bruise from it.

Paula

& yes, I'll get the same bruise over and over until I figure out what's causing it. Oh the joys of being prone to bruising!

Paula

I know this thread is old old old, but I have to say I found this due to searching, and I have EXACTLY the same issue as Voltaire. I mean, I bruise all the time easily, but those two spots on my left bicep are always there after drysuit diving. I cannot for the life of me figure out what from. I've looked at how I move, what impacts, how I don/remove gear... I just don't get it!

I do bruise easily, and after a dive weekend I can usually count a dozen or so small ones that have no known origin.

Even stranger was last weekend, before day 2 I'm in the restroom and happened to look down at my left hand. There's a pea sized lump on the back of my hand, forming a triangle between my thumb and first knuckle. It was squishy, and BLUE. A friend with some medical knowledge said I'd just burst a capilary, happens all the time, and if it was fresh it would disappear under pressure. Sure enough, when I came up from the dive it was gone, and just a slight haze of a bruise in its place.

Kinda cool. =-)

I get little bruises all over me and it's from drysuit squeeze. The small round one I get on my left arm is from my drysuit sleeve dump valve pressing against me when the suit is sucked down tight at times.

It wasn't a bruise but I used to get my left thumb cut all the time. It was caused from sharp edges on the brass bolt snap. When I changed to a stainless snap I never had the problem again.

After boat diving I have bruises all over my legs from banging into everything.

Back
Top Bottom