browser problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been having the same problems as everyone else in this thread.
So I finally bit the bullet and install XP Service Pack 2 and it seems to have fixed the problem.
Keep in mind that this may not work for everyone...

I've been running SP2 all along.

... I've got Mozilla on my Linux system at work.
Any reason you don't run it at home too? :wink:
I run Mozilla & Opera at the same time, it allows for 2 different sets of "users" to be run at the same time. Opera has an "IE emulation" feature so a person can get into most websites that have been designed for "IE only".

Bob3:
Any reason you don't run it at home too? :wink:
I run Mozilla & Opera at the same time, it allows for 2 different sets of "users" to be run at the same time.

Last time I installed Mozilla on a Sony Vaio, IE crapped out and so did many Windows components. Not worth the hassle to debug it with a flavored Windows installation.

fire_diver:
OK, today I am having tons of issues with IE and scubaboard. Not happening with any other websites, just this one. I am having IE randomly throw up error notices and shut down. Always happens when loading a new page or trying to pageback.

Anyone else having this issue?

FD

Sorry posted this before I noticed identical post on board.

Microsoft acknowledged Wednesday that a glitch in its patch intended to fix several security vulnerabilities within Internet Explorer may cause the browser to crash when visiting certain Web sites. According to the company, the issue occurs when running Internet Explorer 6 SP1 on either Windows XP or Windows 2000.

Microsoft also said that the bulletin would be re-released on August 22 along with a patch to correct the problem. The company has provided a hotfix in the meantime for affected customers to use until the new patch is ready.

Back
Top Bottom