browser problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm getting 100% packet loss pinging scubaboard when it hangs. Your're going completely off the net.

Explorer:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 300pt; mso-cellspacing: 3.7pt; mso-padding-alt: 2.25pt 2.25pt 2.25pt 2.25pt" cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top><o:p></o:p>
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 3.75in; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=360>The page cannot be displayed<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 300pt; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=400 colSpan=2>The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD id=tablePropsWidth style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 300pt; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=400 colSpan=2>
<HR align=center width="100%" color=silver noShade SIZE=2>
Please try the following:<o:p></o:p>
  • Click the Refresh button, or try again later.<o:p></o:p>
  • If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.<o:p></o:p>
  • To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). <o:p></o:p>
  • See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting). <o:p></o:p>
1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. <o:p></o:p>
2. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings. <o:p></o:p>
3. Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK. <o:p></o:p>
  • Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed. <o:p></o:p>
  • If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0. <o:p></o:p>
  • Click the Back button to try another link. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Firefox:

The connection has timed out<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The server at www.scubaboard.com is taking too long to respond.<o:p></o:p>
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few<o:p></o:p>
moments.<o:p></o:p>
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network<o:p></o:p>
connection.<o:p></o:p>
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure<o:p></o:p>
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web. <o:p></o:p>

NetDoc:
Sorry folks... we are running on a sick, sick server and it's terminal!

Fortunately, we are preping the new ones RIGHT NOW and we hope to have the move completed within a week or so. Wish us luck!

I wish you Luck, Luck, Luck and many prayers.:D

TheRedHead:
I'm getting 100% packet loss pinging scubaboard when it hangs. Your're going completely off the net.
It's not a software issue. The machine itself has issues. The Planet can not find, or chooses not to find the issue(s) with this machine.

However, our new server is now in it's rack awaiting commands. We will be back on it tomorrow. :D

Glad to hear that, Netdoc. Are you hosting our own server? I was going to suggest my hosting company that also hosts fark.com which has one of the largest forums on the net. We never go down and the staff is top notch.

NetDoc:
It's not a software issue. The machine itself has issues. The Planet can not find, or chooses not to find the issue(s) with this machine.

However, our new server is now in it's rack awaiting commands. We will be back on it tomorrow. :D

What? You're not working on it throught the night? What kind of network guy are you :D?

Good luck with the new server.

deepstops:
You're being silly :confused:
IE is THE standard. I'm NOT saying it's the best but I am saying it's THE standard. Try running web based Oracle or SAP applications on Firefox.... If I can't do business with it, it won't be my choice.
That being said, I do greatly enjoy tabbed browsing Firefox has but Yahoo toolbar adds that functionality to IE.
And since eveyone that's been specific has reported they were running Win2K, I think it's a Windoze problem :shakehead
A Mac? Please, be serious :11:

I believe apache is the web server of choice. I dont have any problems, but then I use Firefox....can't remember the last time I loaded IE:D

Cheers

TheRedHead:
Glad to hear that, Netdoc. Are you hosting our own server? I was going to suggest my hosting company that also hosts fark.com which has one of the largest forums on the net. We never go down and the staff is top notch.
Our servers are moving "In House" and can be found at the Level (3) Data Center, here in Orlando. Level (3) is the continuation of many previous companies and they are the owners/host of the infamous "AS1"... The very first node on the Net. This is a huge upward step and a profound financial commitment to the stability of the World's largest Community, Forum, Web Site and Portal devoted to Scuba Diving. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom