Browser Problem ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have several problems
... When I go to edit a post, it brings up the quick post editor for a second, then goes to the "Advanced" editor page .. annoying because I have to wait through two page loads.
... When I give a post a "Thanks", it does so and I can see it appear for a second, then another page loads .. D_B You Do Not Have Permission To View, etc... or something like that

This is fairly recent development, does not coinside with my downloading of serv pack 3
It was with IE7 and XP serv pack 3
... I've tried loading up IE8 and it still does the same thing (it does not do this with two other computers I've tried with IE7 and XP service pack 3

Thanks
DB

moved to Site Support.
Please note: Site Support is the forum for all your technical issues.

Since no one else is reporting anything similar, I'd guess it's a problem on your end.

Try flushing your cache and deleting the SB cookie(s). Logout and log back in after that on the problem machine.

Let us know.

I deleted everything , temporary Internet files, cookies, history, forms, signed out, back in
... it still does it

(it does not do this with two other computers I've tried with IE7 and XP service pack 3
I still think it's got to be a problem with that computer. I just tried to recreate your errors and am able to quick edit and post thanks correctly. I run IE7/SP3 also.

What are the IE add-ons currently loaded on the problem machine? Maybe compare the list to one of the two known good machines.

I just disabled every one of them, and history, cookies, etc .... logged out, and I think it worked ...

YAY!!! it works!!
... now to figure out who's the culprit

My first guess would be something to do with Java...I think some of the "chrome" (window/toolbar elements) used by .vbulletin is done in Java/Javascript. Although I can't confirm that as I've never seen the sourcecode.

The toolbar (navbar) elements are indeed Java Script. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom