Browning Pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeangadbois

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im going to be at broning pass for the week of july 6 until the 12th of july anyone else going to be there? Or have and input about it?

May as well come there still 3 spots left!

How are you doing Browning Pass? From a land-based resort or a boat?

The diving is truly phenomenal, on a part with anywhere I have been in the world. Browning Wall is sheer and dramatic, and drenched in color, so thick with life that you can't put a finger down anywhere without squashing something. Hussar's Bay is an astonishing collection of Melibe leonis nudibranchs, some with bells several inches in diameter. Many other dive sites are rich in color and abundant life. Current is an ever-present concern, but the guys up there know how to put people in the right places at the right times.

The scenery is dramatic, and the life above and on the water is amazing, too -- otters, sea lions, eagles, herons, dolphins . . . You will love it.

Water is COLD.

Were doing it through browning pass hideaway
http://www.vancouverislanddive.com

My only experience there was years ago, and I understand they have made many, much needed improvements on the property since. However, do be prepared for the possibility that the boats will have no shelter. The boat they used with us did not, and there was no hot water or anything to get warm after your dive. We had foul weather, and it was very unpleasant waiting for other divers while being wet and cold. Hand warmers, or a water and wind-proof wrap that could have gone over the dry suit, would have helped a lot.

Haven't been up there since about 2010. Once I discovered the Caribbean I have made my trips during the winter/springs months to Cozumel.

Over the years though, I have made many trips to Port Hardy. Last two trips were shore based (Browning Pass Hideaway and God's Pocket), but
prior to that all my trips were boat based. Last boat based trip was on the Lady Goodiver, but that was many years ago.

As TS&M stated, the diving there is phenomenal. There is Browning Pass proper, Hussar Point, Seven Tree, Snowfall, and several other great dives
in the area. You are not far from Hunt Rock, or the wreck of the Themis. A longer day excursion is over to Nakwakto Rapids (if John will make
the trip). If you are a photographer, be sure to have a large memory card, or a laptop to download your photos every day.

Looking at their website, the Hideaway has made many upgrades and improvements since I was there in 2010. As TS&M said, I believe their skiff
is wide open, so a coat and a toque for the long surface intervals is advisable. :cold:

You will not be disappointed in the diving :goingdown: Be sure to post a trip report and photos.

Dive safe !!

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom