Browning Pass - Port Hardy - COLORS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bighiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Without further delay, here is some video I shot while diving at Browning Pass near Port Hardy.

It was tough, but rewarding. Much was learned.

As I do this more and more, they'll get better and better (I hope).

Let me know what you think and more importantly if you enjoyed the few minutes of color.

YouTube - Browning Pass Port Hardy
(best viewed in HD 1080p)

Enjoy!

details:

Shot Sept 2-5, 2010 in Browning Pass (handful of sites)
Canon HFS 100 (1080p)
Iklite 6095 Housing
21W HID housing mounted video light /w diffuser

I did enjoy it, and it's fun to see someone "see" the place the way I did, because it was the incredible walls of color that most delighted me. Finding the individual creatures was fun, but hanging back and drinking in the rich rainbow of hues was the biggest pleasure.

I was just amazed at all the color that was there. Like you said there were times I just put the camera down because I thought, "There is no way a camera will capture this". I then just hung there and stared. It was amazing, truly amazing.

Only wished I had a wide angle lens and more time....

BigHiller...You did an amazing job on that video. A pleasure to watch. Did you dive with an operator out of Port Hardy or on your own? Interested in diving there and would like to make some connections.

Kudos

On my first trip to the island, I was doing my very first boat dive, and had 7,000 things running thru my head. When we started our decent down the wall I was deflating and inflating at the same time (new big gloves), and was fighting to drop... so my vision of my surroundings was just peripheral, and at that time I was thinking that looked like graffiti. Once I got myself straightened out, I realized that no it was not spraypaint, but creatures forming the color splotches on the wall. I'll never forget that reality-shift.
Can't wait to return... Thank you for the video.

We dove out of the Hideaway (.:: Vancouver Island Dive.com ::.) w/ John. 15min (max) ride on the skiff to the site, in you go, come out and head back for your SI and food. Was great. I'm putting something together that highlights this and contact info.

The colors are amazing there.

Browning Wall, Rock of Life, 7 Trees, Crocker Rock... they are all amazing.

When you are there, try to get some urchins at one site and then feed the wolf eels at Crocker Rock (SS Themis wreck). That was a freakin' highlight for me. Video will be forthcoming.

Back
Top Bottom