brothers trip July 23-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solly

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello SB, just came back from a mini trip to the brothers islands. Great place, very nice corals and lots of sharks :D
Definitely I would go again if I have a chance....
One note, I was told that the weather conditions are usually very tough and currents are really a nightmare but what happened was completely the opposite as shown in some of the photos.
We have seen reef sharks (in the photos) , also thresher sharks were there but we couldn't get any of them in a photo ... lots of tuna and others... no manta :depressed: and the biggest napoleon I have ever seen (not the one in the photo, the one in the photo was trying to eat the strobe :rofl3: )

Attachments

• DSC04400.jpg
    DSC04400.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC04430.jpg
    DSC04430.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC04557.jpg
    DSC04557.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC04602.jpg
    DSC04602.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7604.jpg
    IMG_7604.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7900.jpg
    IMG_7900.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7908.jpg
    IMG_7908.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7909.jpg
    IMG_7909.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7927.jpg
    IMG_7927.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 54
We were lucky on our trip, too. The crossing out there was rough, but the conditions at the Brothers were calm, and we had no current at all. I loved the steep walls covered in corals. And we saw a Thresher shark, too -- wonder if he lives there?

we had no problems crossing, staying or getting back... as you see, the sea was dead calm all over the trip. Guys on the boat say that this is not the usual thing, and the guide says that this weather means less sharks near the surface as the water will be too warm... this seemed to be true, thrasher was seen 42 m (I was only at 38 and it was 4-5 m below me)
The guy said that the thresher lives around the small brother not the big one :)

Hello SB, just came back from a mini trip to the brothers islands. Great place, very nice corals and lots of sharks :D
Definitely I would go again if I have a chance....
One note, I was told that the weather conditions are usually very tough and currents are really a nightmare but what happened was completely the opposite as shown in some of the photos.
We have seen reef sharks (in the photos) , also thresher sharks were there but we couldn't get any of them in a photo ... lots of tuna and others... no manta :depressed: and the biggest napoleon I have ever seen (not the one in the photo, the one in the photo was trying to eat the strobe :rofl3: )

Sounds like a a great trip. I was there (Brothers) May '09 and was my best trip ever, even better than Cocos. Can't wait to go back - I did St John's liveabord this summer and either we were unlucky or it's just not in the same league as Brothers/Daedalus/etc.

My next red sea trip is going straight back to the Brothers. Awesome place. Glad you had fun. Great pics by the way, especially the Napoleon and the Scorpionfish.

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom