Brother just moved to Austin..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
.. and he's interested in maybe taking up diving.

Where should I send him?

Send him to Tom's Scuba and see Jason. Tell your brother to tell Jason one of the drunks from the Memorial Day 06 trip sent him.

We did a FG trip with Tom's Dive and Ski a few times. They were very professional and the customers were well informed and good divers.

Being serious Tom's was very professional on the tripI attended. As I'm from Kansas City and was going with a shop and group, with the exception of one, I didn't kno, I couldn't have asked for a better trip. Everyone was friendly and Jason who led the trip couldn't have been more accomadating to the participants. Especially since there were three non customers to the LDS and my friend who was new to Austin at the time.

B

Another Resounding Vote for Tom's!!! super great people (Warren, Jason, Phillip, et al), nice shop, great trips. Oh and if you ever get a chance to have Capt. Mike for an instructor/trip leader, jump on it!! (Most fun you'll have with your fins on)

Tom's Dive and Swim | 5909 Burnet Rd., Austin, TX 78757 | 512.451.3425
http://www.tomsscuba.com

I also do business with Tom's and can recommend them. But we are lucky to have many good shops here in Austin.

If your bro' is located south I'd recommend talking to Mack at Oak Hill Scuba as well, a good shop with good folks and much easier to get to if you are south. I also have heard good things about Scubaland and have used them for Reg. service and some purchases. They have both north and south locations.

And there are many other shops in area that I did not mention because although I have browsed at and made purchases in them, I have not spent enough time and money there to make a recommendation good or bad.

I've heard from several people back home that Tom's is great! I used to live there.. and my friends had wanted to me to get certified with them long ago... before I was certified here.

I got a vote for Austin Aqua Sports, they've got a great crew over there. Although, if you get Layne as your instructor, you'd be pretty well off, also. If you do go to Toms, see if he's teaching. Where is he anyways, he'd usually be on here buttering them up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom