Brokerage fees on gear purchase??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
well diver med , i havent had to deal with that but i do know that for any ups service that goes by ground they nail you for the brokerage fees, but if you get air or next/overnight service its waived, go figure.

personally i would ask them why it was so high because i know the us/candian mail service doesnt charge that much. and also if they call anything a service fee its just tacked on profit for them, because all it intails is one little piece of paperwork that take them lees then 5 minutes. but then again i dont use UPS (or Univerisal Pilfering Service) for how they abuse boxes and go through the looking "prohibited items" like the $1600 lens that i ordered that never made it but the box did.

FWIW

Tooth

ok is it me or did this get posted out of order ?

Tooth

Net doc is there something going on with the server again today?

I finally got my Ikelite tray and handle and a few other things from Backscatter. The bundle was delivered by UPS; regular shipping. I was really surprised at the brokerage fee. Items were shiped from California to Canada. The value of the package was $130 CDN. The brokerage fee was $58 CDN!!! That's nearly 45% of the package value! Has this ever happened to any of you? Is it just UPS? The only other item that I've ordered was my pt 010 housing from Japan: $250 CDN, fes was about $15 CDN, that's a bit more reasonable (I forget who shipped it). I guess I'll keeo a closer eye on these fees prior to purchasing via the web.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom