Broken zipper in an Escape BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an older Escape--the one with the plastic D rings and rip-cord release.

The slider with the pull tab came off the zipper of one of the storage pockets (not the weight pocket) and is lost in the ocean. The teeth of the zipper appear to be OK, but of course, I cannot close the zipper now.

What's the best way to repair this?

Adam

You will need to have the BC sent to us for service.

If there is a Zeagle dealer near you, you can take it to them and they can arrange the repair - or if not, just call Customer Service at 813-782-5568 and ask for the Repair Department, where they will give you a Return Authorization Number and tell you what to do!

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks. Will do that.

Adam

---------- Post added April 11th, 2012 at 10:42 AM ----------

I could not face the prospect of no diving while my BC was being sent out for repair, so I did some snooping around and found a luggage repair shop, Avion Luggage in Santa Ana, and the guy replaced the slide the same day. It looks like what he did is undo the zipper at the bottom, put in a new identical slider, and sewed the bottom zipper back. Appears to be good repair. The only issue is the missing nylon cord zipper pull, so I improvised with a small cord tied with an overhand knot.

Back
Top Bottom