Broken HID?

How many times have you broken your HID bulb?

• Never

Votes: 24 66.7%

Votes: 10 27.8%

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • more than 2

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omicron:
Luckily, I haven't broken one yet.

I got really scared once when I dropped my light about a foot or two and the light blinked out. I turned the switch off, waited a couple of minutes and turned it back on and then I was all good again.

I've been a bit more careful since that scare =)

Too bad I wasn't that careful down in florida when I went to lube the O-rings around my test tube. Pulled it off and snapped the filament clean in half. When I got home even tried to blow torch-melt it back together (it arc'ed when the contacts were touching, there was still gas in the bulb) and that didn't work! Now i'm trying to find a new Welch-Allyn 18w bulb for my Halcyon light- I see their fair pricing puts the bulb alone at $156, so there must be somewhere that has these discounted. Anyone??

Paul lothary
savagemyth@charter.net

Omicron:
Luckily, I haven't broken one yet.

I got really scared once when I dropped my light about a foot or two and the light blinked out. I turned the switch off, waited a couple of minutes and turned it back on and then I was all good again.

I've been a bit more careful since that scare =)

So far so good (of course now that I said this, I will probably break one on my next dive).
I have Sartek 10w. I will not depend on UPS or any other delivery service. Sartek is located about 20 minutes from my house, so I will hand carry in and pick it up myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom