Broken HID test tube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lal7176 once bubbled...
I should have my stealth light with the new halcyon head in my grubby little hands by next week.I cant wait to use it.

Please post a review when you get that.

Tom

Lloyd Baileys came to the rescue - they have the test tubes and o-rings in stock and are 3 day shipping them to me today :)

Plus their test tubes were $15 versus $25 elsewhere.

I asked them about the new Halcyon 10W head - they said they got their hands on their first ones last week, and they are sweet. eBay has just gone through this big round of Pro canister lights as people replaced them with Helios, I'm betting you'll start seeing the old style 10W heads popping up on there as well soon.

I have always gotten excellent service through Lloyds. Lloyd does a great job, IMO, of running his business and is a super nice guy to boot.

lal7176 once bubbled...
I should have my stealth light with the new halcyon head in my grubby little hands by next week.I cant wait to use it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please post a review when you get that"' by wreckwriter

Sure thing!!

Just got another tip on replacing the test tube - turn the light on with the test tube barely slipped over the first o-ring, and let it heat up for 5 minutes. This heating expands the air inside of the test tube, which you can then burp out, before replacing the test tube the rest of the way. Avoids trying to compress cold air inside the test tube as you slide it on, and prevents the air inside the test tube expanding as much when turned on for a dive, which can actually push the test tube off the light a little (according to one eye-witness account :) )

Everyone that's bragging about owning the new style head, I'm ignoring :eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom