Broken clavicle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tore my AC joint nearly 40 years ago. It does not bother me too much. The main thing is I was told not do do overhead exercises, like military presses.

I have AC joint issues in that shoulder as well from an injury playing pickup football in my youth. I now have significant osteoarthritis in that shoulder. Thankfully the accident didn’t damage the AC joint beyond my arthritis, but did break the clavicle at the midpoint with dislocation of the distal fragment.

, but did break the clavicle at the midpoint with dislocation of the distal fragment.
Just tell everyone it was a shark injury. That hurts just reading the description of it !!

So, my story is not directly relevant to your specific injury but thought I'd share the outcome as I can definitely relate to your desire to get back in the water as soon as possible, and I had a very positive story, so perhaps that might help the morale. I had a double tibia/fibula fracture on June 19 this year (actually following a dive, where I tripped on a rope after a shore dive in double 100s), fib broken below knee, and tibia just above ankle. Surgery with large intramedullary nail in the tibia, and a number of screws at ankle and below knee. Six weeks of non weight-bearing, then was able to drop crutches immediately on first day of weight bearing, lost the boot a few days later, and was cleared to dive by the surgeon at 7 weeks post surgery. Did a couple dives with double 50s a week later with no issue, and was already back in double HP100s with an Al80 stage at 9 weeks post injury. Better than any outcome I could have imagined when the pretty nasty fracture happened, so with PT and some luck (and a good surgeon of course), you hopefully might be back in the water sooner than you think as well. Best of luck in any case!

Head down and arse up is usually a good thing

70481747_1462750023863823_1353711917184581632_n (1).jpg

You will romp the surgery and recovery right in

For those who have broken your clavicle, I’d love to hear your recovery story.

I broke my left clavicle last Thursday 8/31 in a cycling accident. I’m already missing diving as I was supposed to dive this past Friday 9/1 & next weekend 9/9-10.

I realize I’ve got several months of recuperation ahead of me. Hoping to be back diving later this year, but we’ll see how my recovery goes.

@tridacna has graciously shared his story with me via PM. I’d love to hear from others who have gone through a similar injury.
Oh boy. Sorry to read this. Hope your recovery is faster than expected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom