broke my DiveRite 10wHID handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Help, has anyone else broken thier 10w focusable head at the goodman handle. The screws which fasten the handle to the light ring (the part that lets the bulb move in and out for focus) got stripped. Should I just get some bigger screws or has someone come up with a better reinforced connection.

I have called Dive Rite Express and they gave me Dive Rite's help line which I am going to call rightaway but that will probably be the expensive route. Also, I notice they have changed the design if the photos are to be trusted.

Thanks.

Jason

Mine did the same thing.
I got one of their plastic brackets and screwed that onto the G. handle and then zip tied the light head securely to that.
Not Perfect or pretty but it works
K

Thanks for the info. I called Dive Rite Express and they gave me the number for Dive Rite. Dive Rite said to just increase the size of the screws. Fine, but sooner or later it'll happen again. I expect a more robust design when I shell out over $600 for a damn canister light. I guess the focus ring is made out of ABS plastic so I'm going to head for the hardware store in see what I might be able to jerry build.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom