British Virgin Island Barefoot Sailing/Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning a February trip to BVI and plan to scuba as much as possible while there. This will be our 3rd visit in as many years. Each time we visit our problem is finding air fills along the route we navigate. Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Peter, and Cooper all have refill stations. It's when we are on the route north of Tortola heading towards Anegada have trouble finding refill stations. Carrying more tanks above deck is not a popular option with the non-divers and captain. Saving time and fuel between refill stations is our goal.

Questions:

Does anyone know of any refill stations near on Jost Van Dyke or Anegda?

Do any of the BVI dive or sailing centers lease portable compressors to be taken out on boats?

Thanks

JVD Scuba - Jost Van Dyke & The BVI rents tanks. So maybe they fill also. Closed on Saturdays.

Dive BVI has a fill station on the dock at Leverick Bay - North Sound area on Virgin Gorda. That's probably the closest to Anegada - unless you know Richard Branson and are welcome at Necker Island...lol.

I'm guessing you've seen this: http://www.bviscuba.org/

JVD Scuba - Jost Van Dyke & The BVI rents tanks. So maybe they fill also. Closed on Saturdays.

Dive BVI has a fill station on the dock at Leverick Bay - North Sound area on Virgin Gorda. That's probably the closest to Anegada - unless you know Richard Branson and are welcome at Necker Island...lol.

I'm guessing you've seen this: Welcome to BVIScuba
Thanks for the advice Steve.

Yeah I was over at Richard's place last week having breakfast with him but his compressor was broken...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom