British PADI Instructor looking for work in Africa (though open to other places!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diving_addict

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

• PADI OWSI with 90 certifications including DSD's, OW, AOW, Rescue, Specialities, EFR and DM.
  • 5 specialities; Deep, Nitrox, Digital Photography, Wreck and Shark
  • Spent a year running a dive camp in Madagascar. Trained and managed staff, supervised volunteers and organised the daily diving taking into account all physical, logistical, safety and financial considerations.
  • Was responsible for the administration, maintenance and control of all the diving and related equipment including Bauer Junior II compressor, the Mariner 40HP Boat engine, the boats themselves, BCD's, regulators, cylinders etc.
  • Have worked (DM and Instructor) in Eygpt, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, the UK and Madagascar, so happy with 2-31 celcius and 0-40 metres viz!
  • Female, 20 years old.

Currently looking for work in any Southern African country, Though South Africa, Malawi, and Mozambique would be ideal. However if you are from another continent and are interested please do contact me! I am perfectly happy to consider a new location.

For more information please contact me at rebecca.lain@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you for any consideration you give me,

Becca

Give Reefteach and Coraldivers a buzz and see if they know of any openings,they are situated in Sodwana

Hi Becca..

If advise you to 100% go Sodwana!
I've been diving Port Elizabeth for the past 5 months and the vis is pretty poor. From what I hear Sodwana is the shizniz!

Admittedly though, when the vis is good the under water world is incredible! Raggies on almost every dive, the occasional Mako, unbelievable fish life, colourful coral and topography ranging from rolling gullies to forests of pinnacles. The water is pretty cold too so be prepard for 10mill suits, hoodies & gloves.

Good luck in your decision.

Sorry. I didn't say that we do sometimes get good vis of 25m+ but we need a strong west blowing a day in advance. A bit rare but not impossible.

Hi Dive2Deco and PsyWulf,

Thanks! Will definitley check out Sodwana. The diving there does look beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom