Brisas hints?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
heading down to Brisas next week with a non-diver. Any general hotel hints/coz hints that will make the vacation better?

I would suggest not going for the all-included meal plan. I was very, very disappointed with the food at Brisas. I don't know if my expectations were too high (I am a food snob), but the food was really hard to choke down, and we got tired of seeing the same dishes showing up for meal after meal because nobody wanted to eat them. And be careful about going into the pool barefoot, as there are some sharp cracks on the bottom. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay there very much, and the diving with Dive Cozumel on the Yellow Rose was superb.

First of all, just relax and have a great time!

I agree on the food. It wasn't that great. Edible, but that is about it. The food in town is so much better! The drinks there though were tasty. Be patient if you do eat there. Service is slow.
When you check in be sure to ask for the safe key and dive locker key so you don't have to make two trips.
Be friendly and respectful to everyone there and you will get the same!

Have a wonderful time. I am ready to go back!

and suggest that you do a search on this board for "Brisas". There have been MANY threads recently about Brisas and they contain a lot of useful information.

I stayed at Brisas twice this summer and enjoyed it--I'm a diver and found the facilities to be convenient and a good value for the money. Ask the front desk for a key to one of the dive lockers and you can rinse your gear off in one of the 2 rinse tanks. Then toss it in the locker and you don't have to mess with it again until the next day! :)

All dive ops pick up from the pier, the hotel is close enough to town to walk (about 15-20 min) or take a $3 cab ride. It's also right down the street from the Chedraui grocery store, where you can stock up on drinks and snacks and anything you forgot at home, like sunscreen, batteries, etc. Your non-diver will be perfectly happy hanging out at the big pool at the hotel or in the little pool or a lounger at the beach club across the street.

If you have any specific questions, just ask! :)

I just returned from CZM 10/19. Stayed at Brisas. It was great. The bed had new "egg carton" mattress pads to make it even better. The food was good. Both Menu orders or the Buffet, where you could have your Sea Bass cooked to order or Steaks as well. The breakfast buffet equally good. Eggs to order or omletts. Morning at 7 am for your dive at 8 or 9. Staff was friendly. We had a late flight Champion Air 7:45 pm., we asked for a late check out (normally 12 noon) and were given till 5 pm.! I could'nt believe it! The pool is truly the biggest on the Island and prettiest. Close to town, a 15 min walk. Blue Angel Dive picked us up a Brisas pier. they have a tunnel to the ocean side and beach chair. Fresh water wash for your gear and storage lockers with locks.:)
I will stay there again. Have a good trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom