Bringing unity to the dive community

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Im just wondeing if I am the only one that would like to see a greater sense of unity within the dive community thru out the Islands? wait!!! nobody panic :shakehead: keeping it simple a get together here and there is always a good start geting to know one another i truly believe that is a great way we can begin to address the issues concerning diving in general thru-out the Islands.
just a thought.

I agree that unity would be nice... but unfortunately, there are too many people who don't see eye-to-eye.

The #1 thing that has ruined / dis-unified the diving community around here is the profit-above-all-else attitude that a number of operations have expressed.

yep i have to agree with you kris, its too bad,I have noticed that is the prevailing mentality here in hawaii. but believe me when I say that this "if it dont effect me i dont care" attitude has a way of coming back around to bite you.

a sad situation no matter how you look at it. the idea is not to make everyone become friends cause that just is not going to happen the idea is to be capible of working together to resolve issues that affect the dive community.

We used to have ScubaBoard get togethers once in a while when Lisa was more active. She was kind of the glue that kept the Hawaii Ohana board going.

It takes a lot of planning and organizing for the get togethers and between her and a few others, I believe they have other responsibilities now. Nobody has really stepped up to the plate to take charge and start organizing.

Who's up for organizing something?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom