BRIGHTSTAR DARK BUSTER : feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think there are 2 base prices people are selling $300 or $400.
So, you may want to talk to Michael or others where to get a good price, then pls don't
forget my prev. comment.

1. The availability of the package WITH SERVICE.
2. New version of Bright Star.

leisurepro.com has either the 21w or 24w for the same price of $265 currently.

alo100:
New/Old version of the light?

I ordered mine a while back (1 month or so ago). It was on back order at the time. Leisurepro.com said they were waiting for more from the distributor. I called the distributor and confirmed that they were out of stock at that time. I can only assume this is the "new" version if there is a new version. It just arrived yesterday and I have not opened the package yet. If you tell me how to check for the new version, I'll check for you.

FYI: I first heard about the light over on CandlePowerForums.com (flashlight website) HERE

You can't say that the price isn't nice. Especially for such a nice bulb and battery. Sure the body of the light is large, but after diving with someone with a 10 watt HID, I would sure like to see how a 21 or 24 watt bulb works.

mkaug:
You can't say that the price isn't nice. Especially for such a nice bulb and battery. Sure the body of the light is large, but after diving with someone with a 10 watt HID, I would sure like to see how a 21 or 24 watt bulb works.

I used my Dive Rite 10w HID handheld flashlight last week during the day. It was adequate, but I would have preferred an instant on type of light vs having an HID that needs a start up cycle.

I will have a 40w HID Polarion (slightly smaller than the darkbuster) coming next week (The first shipment made it to the USA yesterday). This HID is using newer technology and is supposed to be instant strike and instant restrike. In general it takes an HID 1 second to warm up for every watt of power. That was an old guideline that seems to apply now days up to 24w. The new 35+watt bulbs and ballasts seem to warm up much quicker.

I also have a Barbolight U-15 coming in a couple weeks or so from Italy. My BRIGHT dive light collection will be (lumens as rated by mfg):
Polarion 40w HID with 4000 lumens
Darkbuster 24w HID with 1750 lumens
Dive Rite 10w HID with 500 lumens
Barbolight U-15 (LED) with 360 lumens
Barbolight U-15 (505nm LEDs) for water penetration with 360 lumens

I collect flashlights and can also compare these to a few non-dive rated lights. I have a 35w HID spotlight, 10w HID modified maglite, and a 24w HID flashlight.

Finally bought to micbu in germany, fast shipping, good advices.
The light is great, so powerfull, did 3 dives of 45mn with the light on all the time and it was still shinning. It not jeavy at all in the water.
I'm really happy with it!

blahblahblah:
I ordered mine a while back (1 month or so ago). It was on back order at the time. Leisurepro.com said they were waiting for more from the distributor. I called the distributor and confirmed that they were out of stock at that time. I can only assume this is the "new" version if there is a new version. It just arrived yesterday and I have not opened the package yet. If you tell me how to check for the new version, I'll check for you.

FYI: I first heard about the light over on CandlePowerForums.com (flashlight website) HERE

I see.
I think the ver.2.0 looks like this:
http://www.brightstar-hid.com/product_info_e.php?UID=772

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom