Brigade strap extension

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

np251

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there

I have been diving with my Brigade for 10 dives now and i must say that i love it. its brilliant. After a recent undersuit upgrade (due to some 'muscle bulkage'...no, not fat!) and some adjustments to my drysuit, i am finding it very difficult to get the bcd on without help- there isnt enough slack in the shoulder straps to squeeze myself into it. One guy on the boat last week commented that it was dangerous to wear a bcd that is too small (which kinda got on my nerves because i think it fits fine-once its on). Removal in the water is impossible, which has got me a little concerned- i like to keep fresh with ALL the skills, and consider this to be one of the most important.

So im left with two options- cut the lower straps and add in another 4-6 inches of 2" webbing to get the extra play...or

make some 'extension' straps out of quick release buckles and webbing.

I like the simplicity of the cut and paste of (1) but dont want to take a pair of shears to a fairly new bc. Option 2 leaves me with an extra pair of quick releases which might make it a little busy in the chest area.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding the best route?

In case of (2)- are those buckles standard 2" quick releases that i can get from e.g. camping supply stores? Just in case i want to go that route.

Thanks for any comments

I thought that Zeagle made extensions but I don't see them on their web site. At any rate I am sure Scott or Chad will swim through shortly.
So the straps are all the way out and the adjustment where it comes off the back is all the way out? Don't know that you would gain 2" but you might gain some from the back.
The buckles aren't an industry standard, btw.

yeah, all the straps are fully extended, and i can barely get it on by myself. I'd heard that zeagle do the extension straps, but i havent seen them anywhere. Im getting tempted to either go for a bigger harness set (M->L) or do the cut and paste option. Its a pity the quick releases arent standard. I done a quick check on the straps and there is minimal space to add another set of buckles anyway- things are going to get a little crowded on the chest area.

Thanks for your input.

Might check e-bay as well

The extension straps are for the shoulder straps, right? My LDS said they are for the tank cam band. He didnt seem to think they existed for the shoulder straps.

And if i order #7271, thats one strap? or a pair?

Thanks for your input

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom