Brief 6-5 Maui trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111:
Tim,
I will be at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club in February. Three certified divers are in our group, and would like to do some shore diving. I read a bad review concerning Island Scuba, who apparently operates out of the Marriott -- do you know anything about this operator? Do you take small groups on guided tours? I'm planning well in advance and can hardly wait to get there.

Thanks

Bill Henschke Funland111@comcast.net

I don't know much about Island Scuba - sry. I'm always up for a dive with other SB members though, just drop me a PM when the time gets closer and if I'm free we'll plan some shore dives together. (btw - "Local Guide" is not a professional rating, just a Scubaboard coordinator for the area... seems to generate a little confusion over that sometimes)

If you want a "professional dive guide" I'd recommend contacting Shaka Doug, who is also a member here on the board. He gets lots of good reviews from folks here.

Aloha, Tim

If you want a "professional dive guide" I'd recommend contacting Shaka Doug, who is also a member here on the board. He gets lots of good reviews from folks here.

Hey Tim... aren't you a Divemaster now? How come you're not peddling your services -- from what I hear, you're pretty darn good also!

Also, just a plug for my favourite dive op on Maui -- Maui Dreams Dive Co. in Kihei is phenomenal for just about everything, whether it's rentals, training or just guided dives.

Well, I processed a few of my pictures, and they're up here. Peter will undoubtedly have many more, and his are generally better than mine, but these were my first, and I took 'em and edited them and uploaded them -- see the grin!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom