Breakwater Night Dive 2/20 (Saturday)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone interested in a night/twilight dive at Breakwater this Saturday?

I'll be flying in around 10am to SFO then checking into hotel and renting a car to drive to Monterey for PM and/or evening dive at Breakwater and looking for someone or a group to dive with. (I wouldn't mind diving with someone DIR esp. if she/he is willing to give me some feedback as I want to head into that direction.)

Iztok, I may be available. Do you still have my number? I'm not DIR (all my DIR friends are in classes this weekend) but will be taking Essentials next month, so I'm not averse to it :)

Yeah I have your number in the PM on here somewhere :)

I don't really care if someone is or is not DIR at this point but I just mentioned it out there as I would like to learn more :)

I am always up to diving with you! It turns out that our boat dive got canceled for Sunday so I might see if Breakwater will be calm enough for diving Sunday too. I mostly dive in a quarry so any sealife is good for me :) (I only dove BW once with you.)

And we saw a swimming scallop :)

Yeah we did! Then it would not cooperate to repeat the show for us! :)

So you in for night/twilight dive Saturday? I would love to see some night creatures like octi etc. :)

Not sure, my son has a hockey game in the afternoon and I would have to work out some arrangement for an evening tank rental.
Plus, I may have a new config by this weekend, I'm not sure diving it at night is a great idea, and kinda also wanted a DIR person to dive with to show me how it's done.

Fair enough :) One thing I learned is not to force any dive at all. I can rent a tank and return it Sunday as I will be back (I hope) if that is a concern. New config is not a great idea for night dive that is for sure.

Back
Top Bottom