Breakwater Briefly - 08.10.08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Michelle, Mark and I carpooled down to the Breakwater to see if we could Michelle a dry, drysuit experience in. We decided to head for the Metridium and vis was pretty bad, 10-13 feet max. Here are a few of my photos - mostly they were too dark because of strobe issues. :shakehead:

I had a great time diving with Michelle and am looking forward to doing it again soon!

IMG_8229.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_82472.jpg

Anne and I were there Saturday and she saw a Dirona on the pipe, right about at the spot where there is a small open space beneath the pipe at about 35 fsw. Vis was pretty good in the morning, maybe 25, but then deteriorated a bit by afternoon. Nice pics.

It was nice to finally meet you guys today. After we talked, my daughter and I went out along the rocks to about number 8 and dropped to about 40 feet. The viz over there was decent, probably 20-ish most of the time, and we had a really good time. The only downer of the day was on the swim out; we saw some punk-dressed kid teasing a huge sea lion, poking his finger at it and such. The sea lion was trying to make his thoughts as clear as possible, barking at the kid, hissing at him and lunging, but this genius wouldn't take the hint. I really wanted to see him get nipped, or even bitten; I would have gone to bat for the sea lion. It was quite upsetting. But underwater-ness always helps.

We'll be back out there tomorrow, with my wife this time...

Yes, it really was nice meeting you and your daughter. Thank you so much for sharing your stories with Michelle, Mark and I! I hope that you have a great day diving tomorrow!

Great photos Sarah. Looking forward to seeing you and Mark at the M&G!

You ended up with some really nice shots Sarah, in spite of your strobe issues! I had a great time diving with you too...it's been way too long.

Well, even though I didn't get to experience a totally dry drysuit dive yet, I feel like I'm getting a little closer. Only the top half of my body was wet this time and I there wasn't even enough water to wring out my undergarment. :wink: Thanks for loaning me the neoprene ring Kenn! It didn't do the trick but it did help some.

Even with the neck seal leaking and bouyancy issues in the shallows, it was a really nice dive. I got to see my first Mola! I got so excited that I scared it off, so this is the only pic I managed to get of it. :( That's what it was...really!
IMG_1316_copy.jpg

The rest of my pics from the day are here: Monterey 8-10-08 - a set on Flickr

Great photos Sarah. Looking forward to seeing you and Mark at the M&G!

I'm really looking forward to seeing you at the M&G too Carrie. Sorry, I missed you guys a couple weeks ago.

It was nice to finally meet you guys today. After we talked, my daughter and I went out along the rocks to about number 8 and dropped to about 40 feet. The viz over there was decent, probably 20-ish most of the time, and we had a really good time. The only downer of the day was on the swim out; we saw some punk-dressed kid teasing a huge sea lion, poking his finger at it and such. The sea lion was trying to make his thoughts as clear as possible, barking at the kid, hissing at him and lunging, but this genius wouldn't take the hint. I really wanted to see him get nipped, or even bitten; I would have gone to bat for the sea lion. It was quite upsetting. But underwater-ness always helps.

We'll be back out there tomorrow, with my wife this time...

It was nice meeting you and your daughter today. Your dive sounds nice but that's a bummer to hear about the kid antagonizing the sea lion.

Yes, it really was nice meeting you and your daughter. Thank you so much for sharing your stories with Michelle, Mark and I! I hope that you have a great day diving tomorrow!

The goal today is to find that Mola that you guys encountered. What a terrific sighting!

Back
Top Bottom