Breakwater 12-31-08 (Pictures)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coll

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Last dive of the year at the breakwater wall, went out along the wall low and then on the way back stayed high on the wall, visibility was about 10-15 feet, was really beautiful, lots of moon jellies in the sun and some nice sun through the kelp which never ceases to stop me in my tracks to stare. I'm moving down to San Diego on the 25th so all my books are put away, could someone help me ID this nudibranch? Thanks and happy new year and diving!

Max depth 45 feet, temperature 52, dive time 1hr 10 minutes, visibility 10-15

Unknown nudibranch
12-31-08023.jpg

Sea lion in the kelp
12-31-08038.jpg

Sea lion starburst
12-31-08049.jpg

Moon jelly
12-31-08051.jpg

Fish
12-31-08065.jpg

12-31-08070.jpg

Very nice pics... Thanks for sharing your last moments of 2008....

MG

Thanks for the dive report. Nice pictures. I hope the weather stays nice. I'd like to dive Monterey next week.

DHammer, that was high on the wall, we went out low but it was a little boring so we decided to go high at around a 40 foot bottom to around 25 feet or so. What surprises you about it?

Well, I've never seen a nudi like that anywhere in Monterey. However, at second glance, maybe I'm just not looking close enough, as I realize that seems to be a starfish it's snuggled up to (at first I was thinking it was a field of strawberry anenomies). It must have been tiny! - not visible to me unless I get some reading lenses in my mask.

I thought you were surprised about the sea lions! Yes, I've never seen a Limacia before that dive and I actually saw two! One was nestled in a rock crack and I was shooting it with no idea what it was. From the side it just looked like bubbles, then my dive partner got my attention and I gave her the "Go away I'm shooting!" sign, she insisted and, as always, she had a better specimen to shoot. I used to think that Breakwater was for rookies and would often not go because I thought I was too cool to go to the easy spot but now I've realized that no dive site is ever the same and Breakwater has tons of great stuff to see. In fact, I'll be going back there Thursday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom