Brass/Glass SPG with both PSI and BAR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS used to make one but it was a 2.5" gauge.

I have a couple of these. Works great, I had doing math underwater.

I have the OMS 2.5" version. Best gauge I have ever seen, anywhere. Big, easy to read in either PSI or BAR. Even better, great color big coding bar around the gauge, green down to about 1600 psi, then yellow to about 500 psi, then red from 500 psi to zero. One glance and you can see instantly where you are on your gas supply, no matter which unit of measure. Don't even have to unclip it.

Way, way easier to read than the one pictured above.

However, I don't know if they make them anymore. It would certainly be worth the effor to find one.

I have the OMS 2.5" version. Best gauge I have ever seen, anywhere. Big, easy to read in either PSI or BAR. Even better, great color big coding bar around the gauge, green down to about 1600 psi, then yellow to about 500 psi, then red from 500 psi to zero. One glance and you can see instantly where you are on your gas supply, no matter which unit of measure. Don't even have to unclip it.

Way, way easier to read than the one pictured above.

However, I don't know if they make them anymore. It would certainly be worth the effor to find one.

This the one? And agree, that looks awesome.

OMSPGOBP.JPG

Searching for one

TechScubaGear
Scubastore
DiverDans

OMS used to make one but it was a 2.5" gauge.

They stopped making that one? That's a shame.

If you don't mind a chunky gauge, that is a really nice gauge. I have one I don't use because I use the 1.5" gauges now. Interestingly IST now makes a cheapo plastic gauge that reads both but the metric is on the outisde so every one unfamiliar with metric thinks their 200 bar tank has only 2000 PSI in it.

The OMS gauge is easy to read, and has the English units on the outside edge.

It was even better. It only went up to 5000 psi so there was much more room on the gauge, the numbers were bigger, and the color code much easier to see.

OMSPGO.jpg

Here is a photo. It was from Leisurepro which shows this one as discontinued. That is really too bad. Hope mine last forever!

---------- Post added July 3rd, 2013 at 06:53 PM ----------

Bvickery, you might be lucky, I just visited Northeast Scuba Supply's site and they show it as still available.

It was even better. It only went up to 5000 psi so there was much more room on the gauge, the numbers were bigger, and the color code much easier to see.

OMSPGO.jpg

Here is a photo. It was from Leisurepro which shows this one as discontinued. That is really too bad. Hope mine last forever!

---------- Post added July 3rd, 2013 at 06:53 PM ----------

Bvickery, you might be lucky, I just visited Northeast Scuba Supply's site and they show it as still available.

Thanks, I was bored and tried to help eelnora find one.

Thanks guys. It looks like what I want, but at $100+, it seems too expansive for that it is. Normal Dive Rite SPG is $49, I can get both PSI and BAR for less than that. Any other at more reasonable price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom