For Sale Brass Backplate whats it worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that this thread shows that there is a demand for this plate.

May I suggest to the OP to have X number of people (X being the minimum number of people where it makes sense) place deposits for half/all the selling price, and pay the rest, if applicable, once production begins?

May I suggest to the OP to have X number of people (X being the minimum number of people where it makes sense) place deposits for half/all the selling price, and pay the rest, if applicable, once production begins?
Bronze would be a great choice, 10 lbs.

Try for long story short, Steve Lewis (aka Doppler) was after me to make him a brass backplate.
In order to make it worth my while I did a run of I think 10 plates.
Well this is curious, you aren't even sure of the number. So the very same top-shelf instructor who called my Fred-T SS BP rig 'Byzantine' is encouraging you to make a brass one??? (Oh, now it is bronze. What happened to the OP's call for brass?) Where is the value in either of those BP's?

:shocked:

OK, Full disclosure. Answer the question: Do you have any assumed, presumed, or previously agreed upon financial or 'quid pro quo' agreement on the sale of this item?

Who the hell would pay that for a brass/bronze BP???

Solid thoughts, have to do some costing and see if its worth my while

plus were they ever paid for ? the idea is a good one i may investigate , if i could get them lazer cut and bent i can mill them out myself, they could even be plated chrome or nickel or polished high luster ...

plus were they ever paid for ? the idea is a good one i may investigate , if i could get them lazer cut and bent i can mill them out myself, they could even be plated chrome or nickel or polished high luster ...

Some were paid for some were lets say donations 2 friends.... lazer cut, water jet even cnc plasma these days are all good options, deburring the slots properly and clean up is very time consuming. There is obviously a market for the right people. I've made 100's of plates which are in service to this day all over the world, it gets a bit lets say old after a while. I'm 63 now and tend to put a much greater value my time, would rather devote it to diving, fishing and my family. If you decide to go ahead PM me I'd be glad to help you out but dont waste my time :)

Well this is curious, you aren't even sure of the number. So the very same top-shelf instructor who called my Fred-T SS BP rig 'Byzantine' is encouraging you to make a brass one??? (Oh, now it is bronze. What happened to the OP's call for brass?) Where is the value in either of those BP's?

:shocked:

OK, Full disclosure. Answer the question: Do you have any assumed, presumed, or previously agreed upon financial or 'quid pro quo' agreement on the sale of this item?

Who the hell would pay that for a brass/bronze BP???

Well this is curious, you aren't even sure of the number = who the he#% cares I did a run of plates 15/16 years ago

So the very same top-shelf instructor who called my Fred-T SS BP rig 'Byzantine' = top self instructors r entitled to their opinons, who the he*& cares, U have an issue with him... take it up with him

Do you have any assumed, presumed, or previously agreed upon financial or 'quid pro quo' agreement on the sale of this item? = WTF r u talking about?

Who the hell would pay that for a brass/bronze BP???[/QUOTE] = apparently some people

Cant believe I just responded to this sh%^

My bad. Apologies.

Something in the OP hit a nerve and I responded inappropriately. Blow it off, I need to chill on this one.

No need, u asked questions, I responded.
For a brief moment I thought I was back in the old Techdiver days :)

dont worry garyh i wont waste you valuable time

Back
Top Bottom