Branson MO in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just found out today that we will be going to Branson in early October. Been searching dive spots. Seems to be a great place to go. Plenty of dive shops around Table Rock. I should be ok just making arrangments when I get there? Or will I need to book in advance. Think I'd just been satisified with one day diving? Or more?
We'll be there for a week, but seems like there is plenty of non-diving activies too. Shows, jet skis, just relaxing....
Any other info for the area would be appreciated. THANKS.

One more thing... my husband and I are really new to diving (just getting certified this month) but will probably have several dives under our "weight belt" by October. But still would like someone with more experiece around. Can these dives be guided? or should I find a dm? or just meet up with some "mentor" from here?

I have done a good amount of diving in Table Rock and it is by far my favorite lake to dive. I really like the diving at the dam, and it is a great dive from shore. You just unload in the parking lot right above the shore and walk down the steps and enter the water, it is basically that easy. The descent is pretty gradual and there are a lot of fish in that area. The visibility is usually pretty good when you get below 30-40', but the lake can be a bit on the cold side. You can find some specific information about diving that lake on www.lakediver.com. Just click on the "Dive America" map, and then click on the state of Missouri and it is site #3. I hope this helps some.

Mike

If you want to dive the local shops at Table Rock book at least a week in advance, of course in October it's not going to be as bad as it is right now. Right now if you don't odd's aren't good you'll dive with them.

Shore diving is always open. Email me around the time you think you'll go, I dive down there year round no matter what so if I'm off I'll drop over and dive the shore with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom