Braided hoses with Comfort Swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are a mixed Atomic and Aqua Lung regulator family. The 2012 Lengend LX and Mikron both come with nice braided hoses.

I find the standard ST1 and B3 2nd stage hoses thick and stiff compared to most high-end 2nd stage hoses that are coming standard this year. I have removed the standard comfort swivel hoses and replaced themwith a Miflex hose.

Is there any plan to offer a braided comfort swivel hose in the future?

Hi Sevenrider860....I know the thought has been kicked around. However, we have not seen or heard anything in the making. Our techs have seen this trend as well and I am pretty sure we will have something shortly. Thanks Sevenrider860.

Atomic

Hi Sevenrider860....I know the thought has been kicked around. However, we have not seen or heard anything in the making. Our techs have seen this trend as well and I am pretty sure we will have something shortly. Thanks Sevenrider860.

Atomic

This would be a much-wanted upgrade. Any discussion about a trade-in option?

I put braided hoses on both mine and my wife's B2's, had no problem selling the comfort swivel hoses at all.

I put a purple miflex on my daughter's B2 with purple color kit. Pretty close match!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357800830.327991.jpg
Brian

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357800711.197819.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357800711.197819.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 498
Shows our mixed regulator family! I dive an ST1 with a Ti2 Octo and my daughter uses a B2 with Z2 Octo. My sun loves his Aqua Lung Legend (Primary and Octo). All the Atomics had Miflex braided hoses added, the Aqua Lung came with braided hoses by default.

My Atomic Aquatics Wish List:
Wrist Mount Cobalt
Braided Comfort Swivel Hoses that are also available in colors that match the add-on color kits!

Those are all perfect wish list items! I will pass the word along!

Atomic Aquatics

Shows our mixed regulator family! I dive an ST1 with a Ti2 Octo and my daughter uses a B2 with Z2 Octo. My sun loves his Aqua Lung Legend (Primary and Octo). All the Atomics had Miflex braided hoses added, the Aqua Lung came with braided hoses by default.

My Atomic Aquatics Wish List:
Wrist Mount Cobalt
Braided Comfort Swivel Hoses that are also available in colors that match the add-on color kits!

On my regulators I have 7 foot and 22-inch Miflex hoses (picture shows a 26-inch blue on my short hose...too long). My daughter has a more "traditional" arrangement of 30-inch for her primary and 40-inch for the Octopus. One thing to think about when removing the comfort swivel is the need for a jam nut. I don't think it is "mandatory", but it is recommended. I ordered my jam nuts the same time I ordered the hoses from scubatoys.com. Miflex has two yellow hoses Mellow Yellow and Hi-Vis Yellow. I think the Hi-Vis Yellow is a better match to the shade of yellow used by Atomic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom