BPW transition to Single SM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh the irony, even after the Lonergans swam away swam too far away, and Queensland upped the regulations

If you turn up to a skippers boat as a divers diver with divers dive gear for diving not packmuleing or litigating

Screenshot (84).png

Hi ho hi ho it's off to dive you go

Screenshot (86).png

past proven performance an asset

Permission to come aboard Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain.

Who even has the knowledge, or respect to ask permission any more Captain.

Mask on face reg in place fins on feet till bum in seat!

Part of why I SM is because I can bring a single, very compact, harness and BCD which can do everything from single tank to technical.
When diving single I usually use 2kg on my spine and don't bother to move it. I may try a moveable weight at some point but honestly you don't really need one.
Reconfiguring your reg for single tank is a pain. I might just SM an AL40 for redundancy and skip the hassle.

Oh the irony, even after the Lonergans swam away swam too far away, and Queensland upped the regulations

If you turn up to a skippers boat as a divers diver with divers dive gear for diving not packmuleing or litigating

View attachment 847753

Hi ho hi ho it's off to dive you go

View attachment 847754

past proven performance an asset

Permission to come aboard Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain.

Who even has the knowledge, or respect to ask permission any more Captain.

Mask on face reg in place fins on feet till bum in seat!
gotta love the Hawaiian shirt!

I'd look for a used Xdeep Classic. It's like a refined version with a better shape and enough lift to handle steels or stages.
I've put together a custom harness with the Classic wing (which I found used for $80). I think I'm into it for $250 with a used spine weight pouch. Currently using heavy steel plates similar to the Deco but going to a lighter set-up using mostly webbing connections.

I almost exclusively dive sidemount but I would not consider single tank SM as a preferred way of diving. If you know you go single, why not keep it BM?

Lots of the benefits of SM are lost when you go single tank (redundancy, available gas, stability). I personally find the roll very annoying and worth bringing a BPW for the very very rare situations when I cannot dive with 2 AL80.

Saves time dude and cheaper that an aeroplane ticket

gotta love the Hawaiian shirt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom