BPW and the inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am just about to switch to a BP/W. When I played with it in the pool I loved it. The only minor issue I had was keeping the inflator hose in a position where I ccould easily find it - without finding the attachment to the bladder and following it. How do you keep the hose nice and tidy?

Thanks!

DrSteve:
I am just about to switch to a BP/W. When I played with it in the pool I loved it. The only minor issue I had was keeping the inflator hose in a position where I ccould easily find it - without finding the attachment to the bladder and following it. How do you keep the hose nice and tidy?

Thanks!
It goes through a little loop of bungie on the left d-ring so it stays in one place.

inflator_config.jpg

Just use a loop of 1/4 or 3/16 inch bungee tied around the loop of webbing formed by the triglide and D-ring (as shown above), works like a charm.

One thing I was shown by my instructor that made sense...

He recommended having the bungee pass between the corrugated hose and the low pressure inflator hose. He showed me how if it is around the outside of the LP inflator hose, the bungee can catch on the quick release mechanism of the hose when you grab it, and detach it from the inflator.

VTernovski:
...picture removed...

I noticed your turned your inflator around. Is it easier to handle like that?

R..

Dr....if you get the bp and wing I think you are going to get, the hose is pretty short and you wont have that problem. I got the same model but asked specifically for the longer (27in) hose....
Hopefully no one minds me adding this in this forum....if so I will pm him.

Diver0001:
I noticed your turned your inflator around. Is it easier to handle like that?

R..

I think this is a photo of Geroge Irvine ";-)

As far as I know, the inflator button should be on the inside, to prevent it hitting stages.

The new Halcyon inflators are like this by default

Reinoud:
I think this is a photo of Geroge Irvine ";-)

As far as I know, the inflator button should be on the inside, to prevent it hitting stages.

The new Halcyon inflators are like this by default

LOL. I'll take the point to heart but I have a hard time visualizing how you could hang your stages high enough for them to hit the inflator button..... :) At least in my case I've never remotely had the idea that this could happen. You get that from frogkick?

I was thinking more in terms of manipulating the inflator with the palm of your hand down instead of up or pushing the button with a finger instead of your thumb.

R..

Diver0001:
LOL. I'll take the point to heart but I have a hard time visualizing how you could hang your stages high enough for them to hit the inflator button..... :) At least in my case I've never remotely had the idea that this could happen. You get that from frogkick?

I was thinking more in terms of manipulating the inflator with the palm of your hand down instead of up or pushing the button with a finger instead of your thumb.

R..

Reinoud is right. it should be on the inside.... it;s not any difficult at all! remember, you are using left hand.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom