BPW and the inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reinoud:
As far as I know, the inflator button should be on the inside, to prevent it hitting stages.

Be sure to get the priority message correct. The -priority- is to have the oral inflation mouthpiece on the inside... so it functions. If you have an inflator [like the old version Halcyon in the photo that Vadim posted], you -do not- want to turn that around to protect the button from stages.

It's a design thing when chosing an inflator, but not something to 'fix' by making things worse. First priority is for the oral inflation mouthpiece on the inside; second is to have the button on the inside. If your inflator doesn't have them on both sides, leave it the way it is or replace your inflator if you find it to be a big deal to you.

As far as being able to find your inflator.... that's just a small matter of a little experience. A couple times and it'll be easy to reach. If your d-rings are in the correct place, they should be easy to hit blindly; so it should be easy to blindly find your inflator... just make sure to have that bungie loop and give it a dive or two.

Diver0001:
OK, do you concur with his argument for doing so or do you have another reason?

R..

what Jeff said... though when I had my Oxycheq wing with the similar inflator as on the picture, I still turned it around.. the corrugated hose was round and soft enough, so there were no issues in regards to putting mouthpiece in the mouth. However, I have since switched to Halcyon wing, and everything what you need already there by default, no longer need to worry about.

just another tip, I don't know what wing you have, but some wings may or may not have corrugated hose much longer than needed. My original oxycheq wing came with a super long hose, but I understand they have already addressed that issue, but check just to be sure anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom