BP/W Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's finally here! My new DSS system was picked up today (sadly, won't get wet even in a pool for another couple weeks, but then it'll get to play with sea lions shortly thereafter). However, while I was getting it fitted and rigged the way I wanted, I forgot to ask... what's the best way to store? Should I keep everything rigged up and put it on a BC hanger slightly inflated? Take the plate off and store both pieces flat (but again with the wing slightly inflated)? What are the tips and tricks here? For reference, it's sometimes 3-6 months between my trips, so need more than just drying-off storage time, unfortunately.

By the way, I love the streamlining of this wing. Though my LDS is a DSS dealer, this was the first time they'd seen the Torus wing. We both loved the low, narrow profile of this setup.

i kept my singles one all together, and take my doubles one down, so either is fine. i keep them in chests, so i can't really answer about hanging, but if it doesn't slide off your hangers, that should be just fine.

I keep a tank on the floor in my office and set up the bp/w on the tank with the wing slightly inflated. I like looking at it when I'm not diving.

BurBunny:
It's finally here! My new DSS system was picked up today (sadly, won't get wet even in a pool for another couple weeks, but then it'll get to play with sea lions shortly thereafter). However, while I was getting it fitted and rigged the way I wanted, I forgot to ask... what's the best way to store? Should I keep everything rigged up and put it on a BC hanger slightly inflated? Take the plate off and store both pieces flat (but again with the wing slightly inflated)? What are the tips and tricks here? For reference, it's sometimes 3-6 months between my trips, so need more than just drying-off storage time, unfortunately.

By the way, I love the streamlining of this wing. Though my LDS is a DSS dealer, this was the first time they'd seen the Torus wing. We both loved the low, narrow profile of this setup.

Glad to hear the goods arrived and you are pleased. My recommendations for travel or storage is to keep the wing away from the plate. The leading cause of damaged wings is the backplate itself. Inadvertantly dropping the plate with the wing attached leads to pinch flats of the bladders.

This is a key reason we make it as easy as possible to remove the wing from the plate.

Post dive clean up is straight forward, rinse the wing inside and out. Remove as much water from the inside as practical, let the out side dry and store with a small amount of air in the bladder. I usually just lay my wings flat on a shelf, or flat in the top of my gear box, after I'm sure the outside is dry.

Regards,

Tobin

dkktsunami:
I keep a tank on the floor in my office and set up the bp/w on the tank with the wing slightly inflated. I like looking at it when I'm not diving.

I hear that! If I owned a tank, I'd probably do just that as well. And I have to admit... I *might* have worn the bp/w whilst working a bit today. :lol2:

Thanks, Tobin. If the only risk is in punctures if it falls, I think I'll hang it. Have very little horizontal storage space, but do have vertical I can use. Just wanted to make sure long term attachment wasn't an issue for the rubber thingamajiggies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom