BP/W for me and my son?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zero out of three people in the room are French fashion models.

Ahhh but the point is a French model is the quintessential ectomorph body type. The fact that the French draw the line at a BMI of 18 is relevant

My wife is 5'5", 103lb. She is not, at least doesn't look model skinny either. In fact, in my circle of friends, we are not the skinny ones. It is different region of the world, difference ethnic of people, I don't think one BMI number can be used to gauge overweighted or bad physical condition. In my wife case, not only she is very comfortable handling sing AL80, her favorite tanks is Worthington LP95. She sometime dive double HP100 or LP80. We do cold water, the amount of gears on her is probably heavier than her.

Any other tortured scenarios you'd like me to examine?

Tobin,

When you ask for the buoyancy of the exposure protection a customer is wearing, how would I measure that for a drysuit? This is unclear to me.

Ahhh but the point is a French model is the quintessential ectomorph body type. The fact that the French draw the line at a BMI of 18 is relevant

So French parliament nanny-state laws are relevant to a discussion of what size wing my skinny Asian wife and skinny 1/2 Asian daughter might use? (Notwithstanding the fact that neither would ever go diving.)

Admittedly, a 17.4 BMI isn't average by any stretch, but it's certainly not outside reasonable possibility.

Tobin,

When you ask for the buoyancy of the exposure protection a customer is wearing, how would I measure that for a drysuit? This is unclear to me.

make an educated guess about the personal buoyancy of the diver. If they are 4'8" and 300 pounds they are probably buoyant.

Baring that most people are close to neutral, + or - not more than few pounds, they make us out of salt water after all.

If we start with a neutral human and add an exposure suit, i.e. the actual undies they plan to use and the suit, then we can easily test the buoyancy of the suit.

Put the diver in their undies and suit.

Get into neck deep water with a bag of too much lead.

Vent the suit

Pick up your feet, if you sink remove some lead from the bag.

Repeat until you just barely sink.

Weigh the bag of lead, this important as not all scuba lead is accurately marked.

Bingo, you know that the buoyancy of the suit with minimum gas in it.

Tobin

Last edited:
Hey, Beav, I know how to alleviate your deeply felt, and quite selfless, concern that unsuspecting divers may be in mortal danger because they're using BP/W systems. All you need to do is start selling them. I'm sure when that happens they will cease to be "hazardous" and magically turn into the GREATEST BCD EVER!

Zero out of three people in the room are French fashion models.

Your wife and daughter are no doubt models waiting to be discovered.

Your absence from the runway is no doubt a matter of relief throughout the republic. :)

Tobin

Hey, Beav, I know how to alleviate your deeply felt, and quite selfless, concern that unsuspecting divers may be in mortal danger because they're using BP/W systems. All you need to do is start selling them. I'm sure when that happens they will cease to be "hazardous" and magically turn into the GREATEST BCD EVER!
I have been selling them for years. Would you like a special SCUBAboard deal on one?​

All you have to do is send me a PM.

I have been selling them for years. Would you like a special SCUBAboard deal on one?​
DGX has a complete set for US$299.00 with FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING included. Can you beat that? I hope you are not suggesting $298.99? Because I am hoping something more substantial.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom