BP/W for me and my son?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You keep coming up with these ridiculous fantasy scenarios in order to justify quick release weights on a buoyant jacket BC as somehow being "safer" than a BP/W.
These very possible worse-case scenarios may be all too real resulting in an unfortunate outcome. If you analyze an accident, there is usually a sequence of small errors/problems that add up to the "bad" end result. The point of this exercise is to learn so we can avoid potential accidents.
Better cramped than dead.
Correct! What does this diver need to do to get out of this situation?
It's also why you dive with a buddy and stick with them (or carry an SMB/liftbag). Not 10 yds away. If you're more than two arm lengths you may as well consider it solo diving in my book.
The buddy system doesn't always work. Even the best divers & best buddy team can get separated.
To some degree you are a solo diver.

The buddy system doesn't always work. Even the best divers & best buddy team can get separated.
To some degree you are a solo diver.

Not more than once with me.

My first dive with a new team mate would not be over an unlimited depth bottom, high current, down current, asteroid impact zone either.

The ocean will still be there tomorrow.....

Tobin

My first dive with a new team mate would not be over an unlimited depth bottom, high current, down current, asteroid impact zone either.
Tobin

There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere about not being man enough to be a beaver diver.....

I can think of three words that summarize this thread.... But what if...

I can think of three words that summarize this thread.... But what if...

I think that's being generous. This all started with our BFF Casey trying to deploy different levels of FUD to rationalize why poodle jackets are a better choice for recreational divers, with the scenarios becoming more and more "ambitious". I love trying to plan out "what if" for selective multiple points of failure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom