BP/W DM Course??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

your idea of a dive masters role is not accurate ,they are not responsible for you, you are responsible for yourself

If I were your DM ,I would cut your gear off if I thought it would help......but don't think for a minute you hired me to save you....if I decide to save you, its only after I am sure I wont put myself in harms way..your lack of skills and planning is not going to cause me to hurt myself.

So basically your on the boat to do what exactly?

This also reaches into the area of some DM's who like to set gear up for customers, if they know about different gear they will be better at setting up the different gear (or at least knowing to keeping their freekin' hands off it!)
Interestingly Padi has started mentioning CCRs, tec divers and sidemount in the post 2011 Divemaster manual. It does say something along the lines of "do not touch tec divers' gear".

I drop the anchor, speak the Magic Words "Come back before you're out of air and don't forget your dive flag because the sheriff will ticket you.", and also keep the log sheet of who splashed and when they returned.

Jacket, back inflate, back plate/wing BCs......it's not that difficult to disquinsh between them. They all consist of shoulder straps and a waist belt, it's not that difficult for someone to get into or out of any one of them.

If you lined up multiple brands and styles of buoynacy compensation devices, along with a bunch of various styles of back packs, I'm sure most people could figure out how to put them all on and take them off. The same goes for taking one off of someone else.

It's just not that complicated.

---------- Post added May 19th, 2013 at 07:34 PM ----------

To give a dive briefing and keep a head count.
Some people probably want Dive Masters to hold their hand, put their gear together for them, lead them around the dive site, break down their rig, and re-pack everything for them when the diving day is over.

I expect a dive driefing, and that's about it. I tend to be pretty low maintenance.

Cheers,
Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom